Escape Sail Away

cruisinelmo

Hi everyone, quick question, we are planning a sail away party for our group and we are trying to sort out what time to meet. Our ship (Escape 4/29/17) is scheduled to leave at 4:00 PM and earlier I thought I read on the boards the lifeboat drill is at 4:30 PM. Are these good times to work with?

Hi everyone, quick question, we are planning a sail away party for our group and we are trying to sort out what time to meet. Our ship (Escape 4/29/17) is scheduled to leave at 4:00 PM and earlier I thought I read on the boards the lifeboat drill is at 4:30 PM. Are these good times to work with?

CC group or private? ON same cruise.

Muster will be at 3:30.

Our safety drill station was O'Sheehans. We arrived about 10 min. before start of drill and ended up at the back of the restaurant. When the drill is over you have about 4000 going different directions and the elevator banks are overwhelmed. Also, the starboard side has the prettiest views of South Beach, etc. as you leave the channel. So to get back up to the top decks you need to be well placed and ready to move when the drill is over - even if you take the stairs. We went to deck 8 and 5:00 Somewhere was backed up. So if you want a cocktail perhaps hit one of the other bars and then go out to the starboard Waterfront. Hope this helps!

Edited by Sunshine2U

Our safety drill station was O'Sheehans. We arrived about 10 min. before start of drill and ended up at the back of the restaurant. When the drill is over you have about 4000 going different directions and the elevator banks are overwhelmed. Also, the starboard side has the prettiest views of South Beach, etc. as you leave the channel. So to get back up to the top decks you need to be well placed and ready to move when the drill is over - even if you take the stairs. We went to deck 8 and 5:00 Somewhere was backed up. So if you want a cocktail perhaps hit one of the other bars and then go out to the starboard Waterfront. Hope this helps!

Great information forgot about the traffic flow after the drill. Based on this and assuming the ship leaves promptly at 4:00 PM you can possibly miss some of the ship getting underway waiting for a drink or fighting the crowd trying to get to a good spot to view Miami.

Great information forgot about the traffic flow after the drill. Based on this and assuming the ship leaves promptly at 4:00 PM you can possibly miss some of the ship getting underway waiting for a drink or fighting the crowd trying to get to a good spot to view Miami.

We always go to the waterfront on the port side. Last time we sat at the outdoor bar at the Cellars and enjoyed the sailaway and sights of southbeach. Most of the crew have responsibilities during muster, and they get released after the passengers,,, so if you move quickly (as soon as the life vest demonstration is coming to an end, move toward a door), you will beat the bartenders back to the bar. Being at the outside bar, you can still take in the sights while the bartenders get everything back up and running.

Think you may have port and starboard mixed up (or I have) I thought south beach was on the port side as you leave Miami, either way wont take much working out when you look over the side;p

Sometimes though the Escape leaves later...If this is the case then rushing wouldn't be necessary. How does one know if the Escape will leave at the normal time, or later? I have no idea. I'd like to know though. Lol.

Sometimes though the Escape leaves later...If this is the case then rushing wouldn't be necessary. How does one know if the Escape will leave at the normal time, or later? I have no idea. I'd like to know though. Lol.

Escape was doing 7 p.m. Sailings in Oct. I believe those times ended in Dec.

Really don't know the reason , but we enjoyed the later sailing.

Escape was doing 7 p.m. Sailings in Oct. I believe those times ended in Dec.

Really don't know the reason , but we enjoyed the later sailing.

I hope they don't start back this October. (Which is when I sail) I personally am not sure I would like the later departure. I've never did it, but I enjoy seeing Miami during the day, waving at people, etc. I can see Miami in the early morning coming back on the last day. Lol. For some reason I'm always up. Everyone is different. I still don't know why they were doing that. Anywho. This thread has been nice to read since I'll be sailing in 214 days! :D