Lisbon to Sintra QM2 May 2017

addo

We have been to Lisbon quite a few times. Last time we caught the train to Cascais from Alcantayra Mar, very quick and easy and we enjoyed our visit.

This time we are thinking of going to Sintra by train. This will require getting the metro to Rossio station then the train. Has anyone gone to Sintra on the train is it easy to do, in the time in port?

The other option would be to get the train to Estoril and return from there or Cascais.

When we did this trip, we just got off the ship and hired one of the many waiting cars. The driver took us to Sinatra and dropped us there for some hours to do our own thing. We were collected in the centre of the town, and given a scenic trip back. The day was brilliant!

This was a few years back and I am sure we thought the train journey was cutting it too fine. If you look at the port authority website, you will probably find the departure time of your ship.

I have to agree with you that the train to Cascais is a wonderful way to spend the day, with so many excellent restaurants there for lunch.

I hope this info might be of some help to you, and hope you make Sintra.