Luggage Checking

nikblondiew

Okay I know this has been discussed time and time again but questions still remain.

Your large luggage -- does that get checked with you as you are boarding the ship? Or do you drop that earlier and it is at your room?

Is the carry on the best way to bring alcohol? Do the carry ons get xrayed?

Thanks for any clarification!

Your large luggage is check and delivered to your room. Put any alcohol in your checked bags and ziptie them closed. I put two, 1/2 gallon bottles of Segrams 7 in ziplock bags, and wraped them in a towel my last cruise. They went through with no problems.

Andmarnclt

Luggage is dropped with porters when you get out of the car/taxi/bus at the pier. It should be locked. Tip the baggage handler $1 per bag. You next see it at your room later in the day.

Carryons do get xrayed, you go through a scanner like at an airport. Any alcohol found here will be confiscated and lost to you. So don't pack it in your carryon.

P.S. Are you using the word "checked" as in "examined" or as in "left with someone else"? Luggage is not examined, carry-ons are. Luggage is left with someone else, carry-ons are not.

Archived