Wheel chair accessible taxi service in Roatan?

du4mch

My family and I will be cruising on NCL Getaway April 23rd! We will be in Roatan on the 25th and would like to go to a nice beach resort area, but my son is a C-4 quadriplegic and needs a wheelchair accessible cab, if any, and a place to have a little room to roll around!!! However, he will be using a manual chair with power assist wheels that can be removed and he can be lifted into a car type taxi! Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

It depends on where your ship docks. I was on the NCL Getaway in February and there is some shops but not much else at the port. I arranged with Daniel Johnson Sloth and Monkey hangout (check on FB) a tour of the island and a stop to see his animals. I use a manual chair and they went above and beyond to help me & my wife. They helped to disassemble my manual chair and put it in the back of a minivan and I was able to transfer to the front seat. Very reasonable priced and they would alter the tour to whatever we wanted

We travel NCL all the time. You should contact the Access Desk. You can call them @ 866-584-9756. They may have a service you that they can arrange. They arranged accessible transportation for us in Tortola in 2015 for example. They do require some lead time, so I would call as soon as possible. Also, we have a YouTube channel that you may want to check out. https://www.youtube.com/c/cruisingwithwheels Subscribe to get to access to new videos every week.