When do you like to show up at port to check in?

10am[emoji800]

I rather wait outside the terminal [emoji539]a few minutes and seat patiently [emoji336]inside the terminal than arriving past 12pm which for us is late. By the end of the day [emoji283]we felt like if we were on day 3. We are extremely active[emoji963]🏻 on day 1 since we try to enjoy every second of our vacation. [emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We prefer 11:30 since hotel check out is normally 11:00. Also, the early birds have already checked in and are most likely claiming their chairs at the pool or at lunch venues.

Most times this puts on ship about 12noon and only have to hang out until 1 when cabins open, usually enjoying an adult beverage.

Rarely before 2:00pm. As others have stated, the impatient pushy folks are already gone and the Terminal is a ghost town. For the "I don't want too haul my bags around" crowd, we've had no problem requesting a late check out and avoiding the impatient pushy folks there too.

When we get aboard the suite is ready, and even sometimes the bags are already there. Get on board the first available minute and all you have are eating and walking around on the ship. Plenty of time to do that the rest of the week.

We arrive between 10:30 & 11:00. We always like to get a good start on our vacation. We grab a bite at either the Windjammer or Park Café, then we find a seat by the pool and get our first cocktail of the trip and enjoy the people watching.

I second that! Your paying for it! Might as well get onboard early and enjoy!

That's my theory as well. We usually are there by 10:30. One time though,, before we lived in Florida and don't need to fly, we were the last to get to the ship in Miami due to late flights (booked through RCI). We sailed at 5:00 and we walked on at 4:55 with the person on the pier telling us to hurry as they were holding the ship for us! I think that was an 11-day "Circle the Caribbean" on the Grandeur about 15 years ago and that first day was not fun!

We sail from the northeast usually (Baltimore or Jersey), and typically arrive around 10AM. I like to be on as early as possible and it is better waiting at the terminal then at the Hotel. Last year I was 4th on! This way we get on early, beat the crowd at the Windjammer, and get to enjoy the ship. I love watching the port operations and the longshoremen loading all the luggage/supplies on the ship.

Changes depending on the situation but our next cruise in 3 weeks on IoS we have the limo picking us up at 10:30 from the Embassy Suites so I would guess we will be at the port around 11am. We are in a suite so should be able to board relatively quick. I have also heard sometimes the concierge meets you and walks you to your suite, not sure if this is true and if would happen before 1pm. Either way doesn't matter, we will just enjoy the ship.