Fly Fishing

springtxbill

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything, but I am going to try it when I am there. Have been deep sea fishing 3 times I believe in Coz and caught a couple of wahoo or barracuda a couple of times. Two years ago at Christmas we didn't catch anything but had about 6 break off right away or just did not get the hook set. The fish were there but just did not cooperate. I will be trying them again.

• 3 weeks later...

I went and got a small bonefish and the other guy in the boat got a couple and a few small other types. It was very windyand was too much for fly fishing so we just used the spinning rods. There were 8 of us from the ship and one of the other guys got a couple of nice size bone fish and some others came across some good schools of fish that we did not find. It was too windy however for them to cast to the fish.

The tour actually went out of Costa de Cocos that Smittybt mentioned. It looks like a real good setup and I will be trying it again in March. The prices independently I believe are the same as the ship. As the place is about an hour drive down deserted roads (passed only about 4 vehicles both ways), I would stick with the ship tour in case something happens to the van.

Archived