Charges to credit card after I returned home.....

ksmcdonald

My son and his girlfriend just returned home from Escape cruise today and they noticed there was a $300 charge on their credit card. They prepaid their tips and never charged anything on the ship. They had the UBP and never ate in any specialty dining places. Has anyone else had this happen? How should they go about handling this after returning home? I know they should of checked before they left, cruising is new to them and since they never charged one thing, it never occurred to them they had a balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait a few days to see if it disappears. Your son should have the final bill left under his door the last night. That will show what should have been charged if anything.

The $300 sounds like a hold. You can always call the bank too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the charge in a pending status? I just got off the same cruise and still have pending charges.

NCL usually place holds on CC for up to 7 days after the cruise.

Sorry the first part of your cruise was bad weather. My son and his girlfriend were seasick the first few days. They said you had some rough sailing!

My son and his girlfriend just returned home from Escape cruise today and they noticed there was a $300 charge on their credit card. They prepaid their tips and never charged anything on the ship. They had the UBP and never ate in any specialty dining places. Has anyone else had this happen? How should they go about handling this after returning home? I know they should of checked before they left, cruising is new to them and since they never charged one thing, it never occurred to them they had a balance.

$300 is the amount of the temporary hold that NCL puts on a credit card account for two people in case charges are made. Since it simply a hold, and pending, it would not have shown up on their final printout since with no charges the pending amount will drop off and not be charged.