Upsell/Bids for cabins booked through travel agents?

wurm914

Hi all, this will be my first NCL cruise in a while and I'm reading about this new upsell/bidding system. My question is - does it apply for those who booked through online travel agents, or only those who booked through NCL directly? If it's available for travel agent bookings, how do you become aware of any bidding opportunity?

Thanks!

deb:)

Hi all, this will be my first NCL cruise in a while and I'm reading about this new upsell/bidding system. My question is - does it apply for those who booked through online travel agents, or only those who booked through NCL directly? If it's available for travel agent bookings, how do you become aware of any bidding opportunity? Thanks! deb:)

The system has recently been changed so that the upgrade bids are done via your MyNCL account. 80 days prior to sailing, you will see a prompt on your MyNCL home page inviting you to bid. I think that this resolves the problem with travel agents opting out of the process during the pilot period.

Bidding is available on selected ships now, expanding fleetwide over the next few months. Small ships are still using the telephone upsell office which has been in place for a while.

5b2b13ae1e7356b1d151b03ff1a9e088.jpg

80 days prior to sailing, you will see a prompt on your MyNCL home page inviting you to bid. I think that this resolves the problem with travel agents opting out of the process during the pilot period.

5b2b13ae1e7356b1d151b03ff1a9e088.jpg

Someone who is on my upcoming escape cruise booked with a big box travel agency that opted out of the upgrade bidding system, is still unable to bid as it is not on his NCL.com page.

My TA called me to let me know that I could bid on an upgrade. I also received a notice from NCL on my reservation page that I could bid on an upgrade.

So don't worry about missing out on an opportunity to bid on an upgrade.

Downside, you end up in a "guarantee" status meaning you do not get to pick your actual cabin since it is up to NCL if you are successful. If you are particular about where on the ship you want to be, you may want to just do your own upgrade and pick your exact cabin.

Me...I passed.

MARAPRINCE