Owners Suite Cabins (Mariner)

ksoze

Anyone aware of the differences in the OS suites on Voyagre class ships that are on the hump as opposed to the ones that are more square. The printed layouts are never to scale and wondering if anyone has been in the one next to the RS or the other two which are in the aft/forward of the hump.

We've stayed in 1320 on the Mariner, opposite side of the RS and in the middle of the "hump".

I did not go in another OS, but being in the middle as we were gave us an incredible view. I could see that the OS's that were next to us (both on the sides of the "hump") did not have nearly as nice a view as we did.

We liked it so much, we booked it again for July 06

Also in 1320. This was the best room ever. Like the other post siad the people on each side of us did not have the same view we did.

Being in the middle of the hump means no other room can see you unless you lean over the rail. The hump room closer to the bow and stern are both at an angle so people that are not on the hump can see you from their room.

Suite 1320 is booked. I am waitlisted for 1320 for January cruise , currently have one of the other OS's booked. They would not tell me the waitlist size, but I am sure I will be happy in the non-center hump one anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mrstrod I know you will enjoy the room come August. When I left it in January I left four books in the safe for the next user-the discount books for Diamonds and above. Although I was not at the time a Diamond member I had no problem using the coupons. If you have any specific questions please ask. We loved the room and it was so bigggggggggggggggggggg. Only bad thing to me was when you closed the curtain from the main bedroom into the livingroom area it was very closed in. I would suggest bringing a fan with you if you like the feel of air movement. The a/c vents were in the main area and the intake vent in the bedroom. Sometimes I felt claustrophic so when the kids were finally asleep I would open the curtain some. Other then that the place is beautifull. Your cabin stewart is Sandra and she is the best. Your Concierge is great and always willing to help when needed. Tell him Mrs. Davis said hi.

The OS on the mariner is great. Spoiled now, so might of been a mistake for future cruises. Sandra is the best and the extra room makes seas days more enjoyable.

Also, if anyone is staying in 1628, I forgot a cable I connected to the stereo in the cabinet below the plasma screen, so it is ready for hook-up to your iPod.

Karen,

Thanks for the advice. Oddds are I probably won't be closing the curtain much - I'm bringing my 6yr old DD and 3yr old DS. If I try closing it - I just know my DS will make a game out of it. Yikes! It's alright anyway - none of us sleep in the buff. LOL!

I'm glad you mentioned the safe, can you tell me about how bid it is? Can you fit a medium sized purse in it or just your wallett? I usually use my purse as my jewelry bag too so, I like to just slip it into the safe.

Hi Mrstrod, sorry for not responding sooner. The safe is big enough to put your jewelry in, passports, cell phones ect. I would say it is about 6 inches deep, 12 inches wide and 6 inches high. I hope that covers all the sides. Just remember when you do use the safe not to let anything hang out our touch the edge.If this happens you will get a failure notice and wont be able to open the safe. YOu will have to call your room stewart to open it up. I did this three times before DH showed me what I was doing wrong. HOpe you have a great time on the cruise. Casar is your concierge. Give him a hug from me.

We have 1320 booked for November. Does anyone have pictures? We are going to be celebrating (crossing my fingers) my father being Cancer free. We chose this room as a reward and I picked it because it was on the bump.

I am taking my son (10) and my father. Is there room for a roll away? while I love my father and my son I don't want to sleep with either of them. :)

Thanks for all of your help. What parts of the concierge services did you use the most?

Archived