Food & entertainment on flight to Barbados?

Ukulele girl

We are flying to Barbados to join Azura on Friday. Will we be given a meal on the plane or will we have to buy one? Will we have a screen in the headrest with films to watch? Thanks for any information in advance. Now really getting excited!!!!!

We flew from Gatwick to Barbados to join Azura last January and had a fab time. Yes, you will get two meals. The first one is about 2 hours into your flight - I think we had a hot meal of chicken, potatoes, veg and gravy followed by a desset and then tea or coffee. Just before you land there is another meal but canot remember what it included - possibly something like afternoon tea. There is no charge for these meals - the only cost is if you have anything other than tea or coffee. Enjoy!

We are flying to Barbados to join Azura on Friday. Will we be given a meal on the plane or will we have to buy one? Will we have a screen in the headrest with films to watch? Thanks for any information in advance. Now really getting excited!!!!!

When we flew out of Gatwick with Thomas Cook to the Caribbean it was the James Martin menu on board, and very good too. First time I've ever had in-flight food that was hot, tasty and tasted real. Sausage, mash, peas and onion gravy, a dessert, cheese and biccies. Only free drinks were tea, coffee and any pre-packaged juices that came wit the meal.

Yes there will be a TV in the headrest and usually a reasonable amount of films to watch. You should be provided with a set of headphones and make sure you take them with you for the return flight as they won't give you another set. You can also use your own.

We had a couple of meals each way last November/December, we flew Birmingham to Barbados with Thompson on a Dreamliner, the food was ok just typical airline fair, the only complementary drinks we got were tea/coffee with the meals, the entertainment was good via a seat back screen, we could stop and start programs to suit yourself, but as others have said don;t forget to take your head phones as they don't give any out on the return trip. Have a great time, we really like Azura.

Thank you all, as always great help from the CC team. Flying from Birmingham so hope it all goes well. Thanks for the information about headphones but we are sailing all the way home so might not worry too much about taking them with us. We usually have our own headphones for our iPods so hopefully they will do. Counting the days now till we leave.

We are going on the same cruise but on Saturday, I have read that they charge for headphones (£4) and the basic film package is free, but if you want to up grade to a premium film package, it's(£5) we will take our own, but I read a critic on TC site , that they are old Netflix films . We have never had to do this on long haul before , penny pinching, but it won't stop me from enjoying the flight. Looking forward, to Saturday.

Just to add if you have booked Premium seats then you do get alcohol without having to pay for it. You also don't have to pay any upgrade for entertainment packages either. I don't know which line you are flying with but we have found that Thomson offer a better flight as far as food and entertainment are concerned than Thomas Cook but I am sure others would say they have found the opposite.