Insulated Cup and Wine

CozGurl

I know that you have to pack your one bottle of wine on your carry on, but do they open your suitcase and inspect it? Or do you leave it out of the bag until you go through check in?

And if I take an insulated cup, where should I pack that? It stands to reason they'd want to pull it out of my bag and make sure it isn't full.

I know that you have to pack your one bottle of wine on your carry on, but do they open your suitcase and inspect it? Or do you leave it out of the bag until you go through check in?

And if I take an insulated cup, where should I pack that? It stands to reason they'd want to pull it out of my bag and make sure it isn't full.

If the wine is in your bag security will tell you to take it over to a table where they check your liquids. I carried my Yeti on and had to turn it upside down a couple times.

We had an empty water bladder (one of those that goes in a hiking backpack) in our checked luggage. That suitcase was delayed and when it arrived there was a note saying they had opened and examined our luggage. So yeah they'll want to check anything that can hold liquid.

As for the wine, they'll see it on the x-ray and tell you to go over to the table to have the wine checked.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

I zip my wine bottles up in a carry on bag. I have been through ports where they open the bag and look at the bottles and ports where they never bother to look at them. I always pack my cups/mugs in my checked baggage. It has never been a problem.

Packed my cup on my checked-in luggage too. They just looked at the bottles on my carry-on, and that's it. No questions asked.