Bathroom question--Veendam

Mtngirl2

I will be on the Veendam this spring and was wondering if the bathtubs have a plastic bath mat? I am always afraid of slipping in the tub, and if there is none, I will bring my own. Thanks!

HAL is worried about people slipping too so they always have bath mats, and well-placed grab bars. Hang on if the seas get rough. That is the worst time I worry about, standing in shower with slippery soap, when the ship takes some dips and rolls.

HAL is worried about people slipping too so they always have bath mats, and well-placed grab bars. Hang on if the seas get rough. That is the worst time I worry about, standing in shower with slippery soap, when the ship takes some dips and rolls.

Thanks for your quick reply! Happy cruising!

The grab bars in all showers or tubs on HAL ships I have sailed on are great! Sturdy and well placed for at least my use.

Many a shower done with one hand clutching a grab bar and one for the soap bar. (Actually, that is one reason in rough waters I use the gel provided - much easier to squirt onto a cloth than soap-up the cloth one handed.)

:)

The time to be sure you have good footing is when you step out of the tub with your wet feet and on to the tile bathroom floor, which may also be wet if someone else used the tub/shower ahead of you.

So be sure you have the towel floor mat well previously in place when you step out and over the high tub wall. Best to not let go of the grab bar with one hand, until you firmly planted both feet outside the tub on the floor mat.