Abu Dhabi shuttle

jodieh12

I'm pretty certain I read that MSC or the port provide a shuttle bus in Abu Dhabi, anyone any idea where it goes??

I have tried searching and can't find anything?

Also does anyone know about shuttles in Doha or Bahrain?

TIA only 3 more sleeps!! YAY!!

I didn't respond initially as the weather was horrendous in Abu Dhabi when we were there 2 weeks ago so we didn't get off the ship so can't answer definitively.

I have since gone through the Daily programs and cannot find any reference to shuttle bus services for Abu Dhabi. The 'Big Bus' which is a hop-on/hop-off type was available in the port but I believe that it was the equivalent of €60 pp and I heard was not good value. Something I noticed on the ship which I haven't come across in any other region is that there were reps from the 'Big Bus' onboard selling tickets for some of the ports - I think you went through the excursion desk, but as we didn't use the service I can't offer any other info, sorry.

I'd say that's your best bet. We found in Dubai that the taxi rates differed for cruise guests from sharing our experiences so be vigilant about over-charging.

Sorry - I had gone off to get the planners for the other two ports and was editing the post when I was notified of your post. Here's info on the others:

For Manama,Bahrain and Doha there were shuttle buses. The cost was €12.90 pp and €9.90 respectively - valid all day - into the city centre for Manama and into City Centre Mall, West Bay for Doha.

I'd say that's your best bet. We found in Dubai that the taxi rates differed for cruise guests from sharing our experiences so be vigilant about over-charging.

Sorry - I had gone off to get the planners for the other two ports and was editing the post when I was notified of your post. Here's info on the others:

For Manama,Bahrain and Doha there were shuttle buses. The cost was €12.90 pp and €9.90 respectively - valid all day - into the city centre for Manama and into City Centre Mall, West Bay for Doha.

Ah thats great many thanks, have you uploaded the planners or do you know anywhere I can view them?

TIA