Just off the Dream

Irie

:pWe just finished our March 5 sailing on the Dream.

It's already been reported that the boarding was delayed apparently from a damaged gangplank from a storm. We

Spent 2 1/2 hours getting on. Not that big a deal

Our Cove balcony was ready around 2.

we had a really great week.

I have over 45 cruises and really enjoyed this one.

Food in mdr was excellent, except the veal cutlet, which was ok.

We travelled with friends, who also had fun.

Pig and Anchor was good, as was Guy's burgers.

We thought the shows were great for the most part.

Chris the cruise director sang one night. Couple of songs was enough of that.

Did not get to see the first 2 comics, but saw Tom Drake and Lester Bibby, who I did not find particularly funny. But comedy is different for everyone.

Ship was in good shape.

Crew was exceptionally friendly.

Getting off the ship went smoothly.

Overall a great week.

Would sail the Dream again.

Thanks for the review!

We have only cruised once, in January on the Elation. We never noticed a problem finding lounge chairs to sit on. According to these boards, it seems it's usually a problem, did you notice that on the Dream or were there plenty? I'm not really worried about sitting by the pool, we just would like a place to relax in the sun.

What was your itinerary?

:pWe just finished our March 5 sailing on the Dream.

It's already been reported that the boarding was delayed apparently from a damaged gangplank from a storm. We

Spent 2 1/2 hours getting on. Not that big a deal

I'm curious, did you see what this damage was or did they explain what the problem was?

They had us enter through a crew entrance I think on one.

Said a storm damaged the gang entry. Saw it in the distance..could not tell anything.

I had a balcony so did not fool with deck chairs. In pool area they were pretty crowded.

Claim they would move ur stuff if unattended but no idea if this was enforced.

Hot tubs were mostly open but I heard complaints about tepid water. Seemed odd.

Thanks for the review!

We have only cruised once, in January on the Elation. We never noticed a problem finding lounge chairs to sit on. According to these boards, it seems it's usually a problem, did you notice that on the Dream or were there plenty? I'm not really worried about sitting by the pool, we just would like a place to relax in the sun.

What was your itinerary?

We've been on the Dream 5 times and we've never had a problem finding loungers. Now if you want right by the main pool or on Serenity then you have to get up early and plant yourself there, but other places were never a problem. And don't forget deck 5. Tons of loungers rarely used there.

Just off the March 5 Dream out of NOLA. Embarkation was NOT good. Main gang plank was supposedly damaged by a ship on Saturday March 4. There was also a deceased passenger found on board on morning of March 5. Debarkation was not much better. Rough seas during first two days of the cruise. Some suggested stabilizers not functioning properly. No storage under our sofa and no USB ports. Overall cruise was good.

Thanks for the updates.

Thanks KCruizer for the tip about deck 5. We don't have to be by the pool, just want to sit together and relax in the sun :)

Yeah, the Lanai on Deck 5 is perfect for that. There's also some little used hot tubs (compared to the ones on the Lido, anyway) out there too.