TRS Hobart?

I'm currently in Sydney, pre-cruise, and I broke my camera yesterday. I was able to purchase a new one, at which time the sales guy mentioned TRS. I've been able to do some quick research on TRS and cruise ships. I understand the requirement is last Australian port. Our cruise ship, MS Noordam, leaves Sydney from White Bay terminal this afternoon. Our last Australian port of call is Hobart, which is listed on the TRS site as a port with a TRS desk. That's about all I can find on Hobart.

Does anyone here have experience using the Hobart TRS desk? If so, what Can I expect? I've downloaded the TRS app, hoping to expedite the process.

Additionally, my copy of my passport is on my phone. Will this suffice, or do I need a paper copy?

Appreciate any last minute help or tips or info you might have. Not the start to our cruise I envisioned!

I would have through you could do TRS when boarding in Sydney. Not sure about Hobart. Have your receipt and camera with you when checking in so that if the stand is there you can claim.

The app won't help, that only works at the airport. You only need to show your passport (and I guess original), not provide a copy.

As said above have camera and receipt ready in Sydney if the stand is there it should be just after you have had your passport checked by the Australian border guys not the ship check in staff.

If in doubt ask the Australian border guys where to claim.

It is a very easy process to claim as long as you have the goods and receipt in your carry-on.

Thank you all for responding! For future reference, if cruising from Sydney to Tasmania and beyond, you do your TRS at Hobart, not Sydney. I will pop back in after we leave Hobart to update the process. Thanks again! Ps, even with heavy clouds, sail away from Sydney was spectacular!

Thank you all for responding! For future reference, if cruising from Sydney to Tasmania and beyond, you do your TRS at Hobart, not Sydney. I will pop back in after we leave Hobart to update the process. Thanks again! Ps, even with heavy clouds, sail away from Sydney was spectacular!

Great to hear, hope you get smooth seas and fair weather for your cruise.:D

Easy TRS process here in Hobart. Desk opened 3 pm to 5 pm in corner of terminal. Need item of purchase, tax receipt, passport and credit card you purchased with. Took all of 5 minutes. Thanks again for all the responses!

• Like 1