Help! Need last minute advice

bzbintc

Help. Need last minute advice on what to do while we're there in Port next week. Willing to take a cab anywhere. Looking for family friendly activities for teens and an adventurous Grandmother. We're hoping to see something unique to the island. I just don't want to get stuck in the trinket shops because I don't have a plan. Tried to read through all the great advice but now I'm just hoping someone answers my post. I've always been the tour guide but now I just need someone to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Help. Need last minute advice on what to do while we're there in Port next week. Willing to take a cab anywhere. Looking for family friendly activities for teens and an adventurous Grandmother. We're hoping to see something unique to the island. I just don't want to get stuck in the trinket shops because I don't have a plan. Tried to read through all the great advice but now I'm just hoping someone answers my post. I've always been the tour guide but now I just need someone to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"We're hoping to see something unique to the island"

That sentence along with saying that you have an adventurous Grandmother makes me think that a trip to Maho beach where the airplanes fly close overhead on approach to landing should be part of your day.

You must be taking the Carnival Fascination cruise. As I posted on the St. Lucia and St. Kitts pages, we were here a few weeks ago. We did Bernard's tours and had the "Mailman" as our tour guide. Great tour. VERY, VERY STRONG rum punch. Good tasting.

He showed us all over the island. Marigot was very nice. Had about 45 minutes-1 hour at Maho Beach to watch the planes come in/out.

We went to Orient beach. Beautiful crystal, clear water. Orient beach is very long. You are taken to a family friendly area of the beach. We went walking down the beach and only ran into a few topless sunbathers. It was not like you were dropped in the middle of a nude area. So, the teenagers learn something...:D LOL

Enjoy!!!

Exactly.

My grandchildren's great grandmother was interested in Orient when the entire family cruised to St. Maarten a few years ago.

That's where we ended up for beach time.

gary

p.s. Also managed to keep them out of Great Bay at the end of the day.

Exactly.

My grandchildren's great grandmother was interested in Orient when the entire family cruised to St. Maarten a few years ago.

That's where we ended up for beach time.

gary

p.s. Also managed to keep them out of Great Bay at the end of the day.

Maybe it was something that was on her bucket list.:D

Possibly so. I have mentioned our times at Orient, and she is near 91.

Still feisty.

gary

I really do hope the guy in the "neon green" thong was the first person she saw!:D (I will never forget our girls faces!)

What about Pinel Island? You can kayak over to the island and man what an adventure. :D Just a thought that was suggested to me last year and we tried it out. I have a review with tons of pictures in my signature line if interested.