Help! Last minute ideas needed

bzbintc

Help. Need last minute advice on what to do while we're there in Port next week. Willing to take a cab anywhere. Looking for family friendly activities for teens and an adventurous Grandmother. We're hoping to see something unique to the island. I just don't want to get stuck in the trinket shops because I don't have a plan. Tried to read through all the great advice but now I'm just hoping someone answers my post. I've always been the tour guide but now I just need someone to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Something unique to the island would be a kayak, hike and snorkel trip to Hassel Island because of the unique historical ruins and history and the incredible views on the hike. VI Ecotours offers this excursion and it gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.

Morningstar Beach at the Marriott has something for everyone. Jet ski tours available from this beach. Several restaurants on the beach and chairs available for rent. Nothing unique, though.

Magens Bay Beach has paddle kayaks for rent as well as a kind of challenging uphill hike with viewing platform. Taxi would be $8-10 per person each way.

OK. might as well go for another island. We did Godfrey Tours. Very good tour. You are taken to Mountaintop were you get a breathtaking view of Megan's Bay. You must get one of their word famous banana daiquiri's. You are driven around the osland and given your choice of going to Megan's Bay, Coki beach or Sapphire beach. We went to Sapphire. We have been to Coki before. Good snorkeling.

Can we go with you??

Not much unique to recommend, the beaches and day sails are the main choices. You could just head to one of the nicer beaches that also offer snorkeling like Sapphire or Coki. The cookie cutter tours are an option but they are just that.

Nothing in particular interests you from everything you've read?

Thank you for the suggestions. I guess there are so many choices that it's hard to make a choice. Is Sapphire or Coki worth the snorkeling? I'll keep that option open if my daughter wants to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer Sapphire to Coki, only because Coki gets too crowded if several ships are in port. Are you docking at Havensite or Crown Bay? What types of things do you and the grandkids enjoy? A lot depends on where your ship gets in. Havensite is directly across from Paradise Point, which has a spectacular tram up to amazing views. On clear days you can see over to Puerto Rico. Mountain Top is touristy, but has great views to the British Virgin Islands, and St. Johns. Be sure to get the list of taxi fares, (take a picture of the sign). There are many wonderful honest cabbies here, but the gypsies, will try to scam you. One tried to tell one of my visitors it would be $37 each to go from Havensite to Nisky Center, and it is a $2. bus ride, or 10 taxi. There is a botanical garden, Plantation Crown and Hawk, that is just amazing. It's like hiking in a jungle, and there is a maze that the teens would enjoy. If they are really adventourous there is ziplining or parachuting. Enjoy your visit, it's a magical place.