Stingray Sandbar/Turtle Farm/Hell combo tour

Pyxie

Can anyone recommend a combo tour or a tour company who could customize something for me to include these 3 places? We'll be cruising on Carnival in October and they offer their own combo excursion but I'm trying to compare and see if it would be cheaper to go private.

Also, would you say the stingray sandbar is kid friendly? I will have an almost 5 year old and an 8 year old with me. I know the water is shallow but would it be way over their heads? They may not like it if it is. I can hold the almost 5 year old if needed. If this would be an issue we may just scratch it off. (And if we do include it, I would prefer a boat with steps instead of a ladder.)

And I know there isn't much to Hell, but that one is more of a "just to say we went there" kinda thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did it thru Carnival and had a blast. There were kids on the excursions. All got in the water except one... he and his mother stayed on the boat. She obviously was terrified and transferred that fear to her kid. I felt bad for him. Some of the other adults held their kids if they were too small for the water. It was chest deep to some.

my video:

Thank you! That's very helpful! Did the boat have steps into the water or a ladder? One of the reviews said you jump in. Is that right? My son can be kind of timid with that kind of thing. The stingrays he'd be fine with, but I don't think he'd want to jump off a boat so I'm wondering how that works.

Thank you! That's very helpful! Did the boat have steps into the water or a ladder? One of the reviews said you jump in. Is that right? My son can be kind of timid with that kind of thing. The stingrays he'd be fine with, but I don't think he'd want to jump off a boat so I'm wondering how that works.

I am sure they use different boats, some with easier entry, some with only a ladder. You can see in the background our boat. We could jump in or down the ladder. There were other boats there more like catamarans, some bigger than our boat, some smaller.

CaymanScreenCapture8.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Native Way's Stingray and Island Tour might fit the bill:

Our favourite land and sea option combines Native Way’s Grand Island Tour with a trip to Stingray Sandbar, the only place in the world where you can not only see, but swim among, up to 40 Southern Atlantic stingrays.

Our modern, air-conditioned buses, and friendly local guides, will take you to the world-famous Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory, 7 Mile Beach, and Governor’s House. You’ll also go to Hell and back, but only after cooling off in the crystal-clear, calm waters of Stingray City. You are able to swim under, over and among the rays, and our instructors will show you how to pet, hand-feed and snorkel alongside these friendly creatures.