MCO Flight Time After Epic Cruise

g8way2go

NCL does not recommend a flight before 12:30 pm which would be for flights within USA. We are told for international flights we should be at the airport 3 hours before flight time to go through security etc ....I would like to take a Westjet flight scheduled to leave at 1:50 pm. Is this easy to do or am I cutting it too short? I would do walkoff and take a Cortrans shuttle.

I think you should have no problem at all. I got off the Epic transatlantic last November. Did the self walk off and had an 8:30 a.m. reservation with Cortrans. We actually left at 8:10 because everybody was aboard the shuttle. Less than an hour later, we were at MCO. I sat on my butt for a long time since my flight was at 12:20 p.m.

I was on the first Epic cruise out of Port Canaveral. It was a long messy debarkation and a worse mess getting a pre- scheduled shuttle to the airport. See Mitsugirly's review here on cc. We had the same experiences. I finally got to the airport around 1:30 pm. I wouldn't take a chance on a flight before 3 pm.

We did walk off on our cruise a few weeks ago. I booked our flight for Sunday and booked a hotel near the airport for Saturday night. So glad I did. I guess it was a fluke but there was fog and the port was closed. It was a nightmare getting off of the ship. People did miss their 1pm flights.. again, I know it doesn't usually happen but it did this time. I didn't get to the hotel until almost 3pm

We were just on the Epic last week and were off the ship and back in our car around 8am. We carried our luggage off. Its really just all up to luck I guess. My parents booked a flight back to CT for 625pm and ended up renting a car before our trip because they didnt want to chance waiting all day at the airport.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. I have decided to give it a try and spoke with the airline about what to do if by chance I am delayed. Now that a decision has been made I can relax and look at excursions!

I just did a tour on the Epic about 4 weeks ago. There was heavy fog and I was supposed to be boarding around 10:30- 11...We never got on till 1 and I was the first group on.

The ships didn't even start unloading till around 10 that day. All the ships at the port were very late getting in and luckily I arrived early as I heard just 1/2 hour later it was impossible to even get into the port as well.

So keep in mind nature sometimes can interfere.