Question about My Time Dining

We have My Time Dining but the RCCL agent still reserved us a dinner time every day of the cruise. Why would she do that if we have My Time Dining??

Reserving a time is an optional feature of My Time. Your choice to have reservations or just show up. You can cancel the reservations if you like, via Royal's website or on board.

Thanks for responding.....can we keep our reserved time and also maybe go at a different time one day, or do we have to stick to the reserved time unless we cancel it?

If you are going to arrive later that your reserved time, you should call and tell them so someone else can use that table.

I'm sort of confused on how MY Time Dining works ? Do you just make a reservation every night at your preferred time?

Thank you !

You have options with My Time:

Show up every night anytime with no reservation

Make a standing reservation for every night

Show up with no reservations some nights, make reservations some nights.

Your choice.

I'm sort of confused on how MY Time Dining works ? Do you just make a reservation every night at your preferred time?

Thank you !

I had to get that clarified too. We ended up making reservations for the nights we're at sea, since I figure things we'll be busy at the MDR. But the days we're in port (for our cruise) we're there really late, 12-15 hours/day. So we most likely won't be around to eat in the MDR on those days, so we didn't make reservations for those days.

You have options with My Time:

Show up every night anytime with no reservation

Make a standing reservation for every night

Show up with no reservations some nights, make reservations some nights.

Your choice.

Yep.

We made reservations for every night, but a couple of the at-sea nights we wanted to sped more time at the pool so we went later and had no problem.

I did feel guilty about not cancelling our reservation on those nights but the host told us that if you don't show within 15 minutes of your scheduled time that you are auto-cancelled so, they sort of took care of it for us.

... I did feel guilty about not cancelling our reservation on those nights but the host told us that if you don't show within 15 minutes of your scheduled time that you are auto-cancelled so, they sort of took care of it for us.

Never knew about the 15-minute auto cancel. thanks for the info.

Thank you !

Though it is called "My Time Dining" , my brother refers to it as "Their Time Dining". Seriously, we have been doing "my Time" since it started, always make pre-cruise reservations, and still wait for tables and stations. We don't like eating early, nor do we like the late 8:30 seating. So we have settled for 7:30 to 8:00 and usually have no problem. When we ask to change it up while on board, we do get service, BUT feel as though the staff is doing us a big favor! We are on vacation so we remember that it is a time to be "chilled" and just go with the few bumps that we experience with it.

Think of it as going to a land restaurant. You can go early or late and get walk right into the restaurant or if you go at prime time and all the tables are taken (with either reservations or walk ins) then you may need to wait and it could be a long wait. If you are ok with that approach, then no need for reservations.

We like to eat around 6:15 so I make a reservation for every night at that time. When we get onboard, I will cancel or adjust as needed based on our activities.

We had reservations on MTD for 7.30 each evening on our Oasis B2B we just departed from. No problem being seated at that time. However some people we met had no reservations and were told they could not be accommodated until 9.15 when they turned up at 7 so we're not too happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding.....can we keep our reserved time and also maybe go at a different time one day, or do we have to stick to the reserved time unless we cancel it?

Go into your Cruise Planner and switch any you want to (assuming the new time is available). Or stop by the desk the night before as you leave and ask them to switch the next night. Sometimes the hostess is working outside when the dining room is closed and they can handle it - for example, on a B2B we liked the waiters so much we wanted to stick with them for the second cruise. We knew that they were moving to a different location in the dining room but even they didn't know where. The hostess said no problem - she had just set up the next dining rotation and put us in for the new table location.

Think of it as going to a land restaurant. You can go early or late and get walk right into the restaurant or if you go at prime time and all the tables are taken (with either reservations or walk ins) then you may need to wait and it could be a long wait. If you are ok with that approach, then no need for reservations.

We like to eat around 6:15 so I make a reservation for every night at that time. When we get onboard, I will cancel or adjust as needed based on our activities.

Exactly. Some people seem to forget this, and get annoyed when they have to wait.