Cruising with young children--what to do??

eknowlton

VI Children's museum. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays. I've taken visitors there and they have had a wonderful time. Small compared to other Children's museums I've been too, so not overwhelming. http://www.vichildrensmuseum.org/ There is a park nearby where the vendors sell their tourist items. Look for the shaved ice truck on the street. 4-6 dollars for a shaved ice, tons of flavors. Fun for young ones to watch the chickens run around at Emancipation Garden. Fort Christian is supposed to be reopened by then as well. Depending when you are in town, VI Carnival is going on, I would avoid the area those days, just because of the shear amount of crowds. http://www.vicarnival.com/home All of these things are in a central area, so easy on those young ones legs. Enjoy your visit!

Edited by idlewood4
add info

I'm traveling to Paris and asking the same question about Paris since I have a 4 year old as well. However, in your case, the Children's Museum in St Thomas is a good choice. I've taken my little one there and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are actually a lot of different things you can consider. I would recommend looking through this article about Cruise Excursions in St Thomas with Kids to help you find something that makes sense for your family.

Hope you have a great trip! :cool:

Depends on where you dock. Children's Museum is in town so most people with small children take a taxi from the dock into town. Fare is approximately $4-5 per person each way and there may not be a discount for kids.

There's an admission fee for the Children's Museum in addition to taxi.

At Havensight dock the Butterfly Garden is popular with kids and you can walk to it if your ship is docked there.

Starting March 27 or so there will be a pirate museum near the tram that is within walking distance of Havensight. More details as they are revealed.