Symphony UK prices

Hi Mick, we are looking at Symphony too (having just come off our first Oasis cruise and loved it-you said we would). Think we are going to wait till the current promo ends early May and hope the drinks package is re-introduced. It was in May last year and the price didn't increase hence why we booked Oasis when we did.

Symphony prices are high being a new ship but the flight times and prices are more agreeable than those to the US

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck Kevin, it's quite a port intensive cruise, so I'm not that bothered about the drinks. We get a free bottle of red (Barbara drinks rose!) and I get my three free diamond drinks, so I'll have a sober(ish) cruise. Let's hope you're right and you get the package. I look forward to seeing you and Den on the cruise.

Good luck Kevin, it's quite a port intensive cruise, so I'm not that bothered about the drinks. We get a free bottle of red (Barbara drinks rose!) and I get my three free diamond drinks, so I'll have a sober(ish) cruise. Let's hope you're right and you get the package. I look forward to seeing you and Den on the cruise.

Cheers Mick. If we don't get the drinks package reintroduced that covers Symphony we will probably go for Oasis or Harmony in Jan/Feb instead. Great deals on Oasis currently with balconies at £400-£450 per week around that time. Hope we get a chance to meet up again!

i have them now, not seen them b4,

prices look good initially but need to email or phone for a real quote,

that includes the taxes, and any included packages if at all.

I still can't get it 😜

Does anyone know what the current perks are for booking onboard. Was going to wait for our May cruise to book Symphony but if it's not worth it maybe we should just book now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think I found the site. Their quote was £300 cheaper for 27 th May 2018 than the RCCL UK site. However, they require a deposit of £600. They also only offered £50 obc!

I might have read somewhere travel agents are asking for higher deposits for Symphony for some apparent reasons. Don't forget if booked under [emoji631] rules you should be able to get your deposits minus penalties by agents so still better than [emoji636] agents. Perhaps you can find other agents and find out by yourself which one offers good CRUise perks and more CONvenient.

Thanks Little Britain! I've booked for 27th May 2018 for 2 adults and 1 child. I've checked and they said the deposit would be refunded. Also, I thought that the RCCL UK offer included drinks and $200 obc but it does not! So am saving approx £300 via Little Britain's route.

OMG I think I'm over thinking this now, I have the first word but cant get past that, Help...I have always thought myself good at this kind of thing too !

I think you might need TO GO on VACATIONS to solve this.

Hi Mick, we are looking at Symphony too (having just come off our first Oasis cruise and loved it-you said we would). Think we are going to wait till the current promo ends early May and hope the drinks package is re-introduced. It was in May last year and the price didn't increase hence why we booked Oasis when we did.

Symphony prices are high being a new ship but the flight times and prices are more agreeable than those to the US

How much were the drinks package, I am thinking I must have missed the sale

How much were the drinks package, I am thinking I must have missed the sale

In the auK Royal have been intermittently giving the free drinks package as a perk. It was removed a few weeks ago but I'm hoping they will reintroduce it when their current promotion ends on 2nd May. They did this last year and the price for the cruise didn't change. They might decide to exclude Symphony though.

To buy a drinks package is around £44 per day or $60 approximately.

We were on harmony in the med last summer and while we had a balcony cabin some family members had insides and I was pleasantly surprised how good they were - quite roomy and nicely laid out. We like a balcony but the insides are actually pretty good.

And yes the free drinks packages are never free - as you say the price always goes up by at least the cost of the drinks package. If you are happy with the price I would go for it now - just my thoughts!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just called and they said it is $623.04 each US Dollars, that is $51.75 US Dollars per day.

I have just spoken with the online US travel agent and it was more than online direct with RC UK . They wanted $2001 for an inside for 2. On the site it was cheaper but that was without taxes.

When they put the free drink packages you have to pay for a higher rated cabin and when I got it on the Ovation last year it worked out exactly the same as a GTY cabin and buying the package. Only benefit I had was being able to choose my cabin which on this existing deal you can do anyhow.

I have just spoken with the online US travel agent and it was more than online direct with RC UK . They wanted $2001 for an inside for 2. On the site it was cheaper but that was without taxes.

When they put the free drink packages you have to pay for a higher rated cabin and when I got it on the Ovation last year it worked out exactly the same as a GTY cabin and buying the package. Only benefit I had was being able to choose my cabin which on this existing deal you can do anyhow.

I did say our experience was that the price didn't increase when the drinks package was added on the cruises we have looked at. As we usually book balconies and not on a guaranteed basis then if the price doesn't increase then it's a no brainer for us. I have to say we wouldn't sail Royal or Celebrity without a drinks package as long as the cruise price that was acceptable. The online drinks prices are such that it pushes people towards the packages.