Mendenhall Kayak transportation

msled

We are planning to do a Mendenhall Kayak & Salmon Bake excursion through Princess when we are in Juneau in July. Our problem is we would also like to go to the Mendenhall Visitor Center and hike the trails a bit. Our issue is transportation. If we want to get to Mendenhall early, I understand we could take a shuttle or taxi to the Visitor's Center. But, rather than going back to the cruise ship, we would like to go to the kayak excursion directly which I think may originate at Skater's Cabin. Any advice for transportation from the Visitor's Center to Skater's Cabin (too far to walk)? I figure our other option is just to rent a car and do the traveling ourself, assuming Princess allows this. Any thoughts?

Why not just book independent, direct with Above and Beyond? I'm assuming you have a full day in port? Frankly- the salmon bake is less than ideal, in foul weather. I is a tented outside area. You can easily, just get walk up tickets.

You can use cabs and shuttle buses. 2 cabs one to the kayak tour, then another direct to Mendenhall. You should be able to just take the shuttle bus back, purchasing tickets direct from the driver. Verify this is still available. A major vendor is Mighty Great Trips. email mail them directly.

I'd suggest the first available kayak trip, you then can be back later afternoon, early evening, then just get your salmon bake.

Budget Queen, Thanks for your advice. We decided to skip the kayak and just rent a car for the day. We enjoy just driving around and sight seeing, hiking, etc. Seems there will be plenty to do there.