Check your reservations!!

ldl05

I booked a cruise on the RCI website yesterday, and printed my confirmation, which had the original price I paid. Today, when I went into my reservation, my total cruise price had risen $713.....my resident discount had been removed! Needless to say, I was on the phone immediately, and it was reinstated. However, I did feel slightly ill for a few moments! The moral of the story is please get a hard copy of your initial reservation and cruise price, you may need to refer to it later!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a cruise on the RCI website yesterday, and printed my confirmation, which had the original price I paid. Today, when I went into my reservation, my total cruise price had risen $713.....my resident discount had been removed! Needless to say, I was on the phone immediately, and it was reinstated. However, I did feel slightly ill for a few moments! The moral of the story is please get a hard copy of your initial reservation and cruise price, you may need to refer to it later!!

Absolutely. I also made sure I could save a copy of the terms and conditions before I booked.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I'm almost positive this happened to me today as well. I booked a mid-May cruise on Saturday under two reservations, within the 100% due at booking period. One reservation had a residency discount at purchase. Both original charges have posted separately to my CC and the My Cruises dashboard showed zero balance remaining.

Today I logged into my cruises and the second booking, which had residency discount, now shows a balance due of close to $600! Due immediately, of course, as it's within the full payment window. It shows the payment history of the initial 100% plus 2 additional cruise planner additions paid.

I was an idiot and expected to actually receive an email confirmation of my booking to print, which of course, I never did. The website also doesn't seem to have any way to access an official copy of the receipt that never came by email, though of course I do have the reservation numbers. Guest Vacation Documents are "not yet available".

Guess I'll get on the phone tomorrow with my reservation number and the posted payments which should have been "100% in full" already and see what they say.

I'm almost positive this happened to me today as well. I booked a mid-May cruise on Saturday under two reservations, within the 100% due at booking period. One reservation had a residency discount at purchase. Both original charges have posted separately to my CC and the My Cruises dashboard showed zero balance remaining.

Today I logged into my cruises and the second booking, which had residency discount, now shows a balance due of close to $600! Due immediately, of course, as it's within the full payment window. It shows the payment history of the initial 100% plus 2 additional cruise planner additions paid.

I was an idiot and expected to actually receive an email confirmation of my booking to print, which of course, I never did. The website also doesn't seem to have any way to access an official copy of the receipt that never came by email, though of course I do have the reservation numbers. Guest Vacation Documents are "not yet available".

Guess I'll get on the phone tomorrow with my reservation number and the posted payments which should have been "100% in full" already and see what they say.

Please let us know what happens....this is really odd! Hopefully, it will be quickly rectified!

Just got off the phone with RC this morning -- yep, it was a residency discount that had disappeared causing the additional balance due.

The very nice person I talked to on the phone seemed familiar with the problem as soon as I mentioned it might be residency rate and fixed up the balance for me immediately as shown on the website. She also said another email receipt should be incoming and hoping to have that to print out for confirmation. Keeping an eye out.

Definitely good advice to check your reservation, especially if you're booked with a resident discount (mine was CA, in case there's a pattern).

I got a confirmation e-mail sent right away after getting off the phone. Glad they fixed this for you! I'm in Florida...it's an issue from coast to coast [emoji12]