I simply can't believe how buggy RC's website is (and for how long it's been).

It's one thing to have buggy interface but a completely different one to have out of date information. I just clicked on a link for up coming events and the only thing there was about an on-board poker tournament that the closing date for was March 2010.

Now I wonder if I can place a bet on who will win. :-)

That sounds like somebody in marketing is not keeping their eye on the ball and updating their content in a timely manner.

Try searching in Internet Explorer - works fine for me in that.

Safari, chrome & Firefox on my desktop, Iphone and Ipad - no luck, just that white screen.

Royal Caribbean tech was no help, had my IT guy check it out only to discover that internet explorer was the answer, at least for my issue.

I have to say that since RCCL performed upgrades to their site many moons ago, I too have problems with the site on a daily basis. I can't do anything without receiving. I can't book excursions or drink packages for my upcoming cruise in June, can't look at booking future cruises...nothing. I hope they figure out how to correct this soon. :mad:

HTTP 400 error

It’s not you, it’s this link (it appears to be broken)

Try this

Glad it just isn't me. I have been trying for days to check on certain cruises and I keep getting the white screen. Or a message saying it "can't process my request, try again later". I am thinking they just don't want me to book a cruise!

Same story for me and I,too, want to book another cruise.

I would not book on the Royal Caribbean web site. There is a high degree of likelihood that you may get a better price by phoning into them directly. It is not uncommon to see better prices for their cabins on a TA's website. This year, after getting three significantly different prices for the same cabin class in a three day period I called and got a substantially better price by phone.

I would not book on the Royal Caribbean web site. There is a high degree of likelihood that you may get a better price by phoning into them directly. It is not uncommon to see better prices for their cabins on a TA's website. This year, after getting three significantly different prices for the same cabin class in a three day period I called and got a substantially better price by phone.

Yeah, but that doesn't help when you are trying to manage your upcoming cruise, regardless of how you book it, like completing the online forms, signing up for excursions, etc. :(

I think we can rest assured that it is far more complex a challenge than it may seem to us from the outside. There's a very lengthy thread complaining about problems with Holland America's website (I think some people are going on the third day that they cannot book excursions), and I bet we can find similar concerns expressed about the websites of other cruise lines. Most recently, the big challenges come from the fact that instead of passengers accessing it from either Mac or Windows, and three or four browsers from each, now there are mobile OSs from Apple, Microsoft and Google, literally dozens of browsers available on each platform, and we're even beginning to see a strong expectation that everything work on Linux as it works on Windows. Layer on top of that completely independent systems that have to work seamlessly with each other (standard travel agent systems, airline systems, loyalty program, perhaps something specific for operations, maybe something different for finance, etc.) and it actually is pretty remarkable.

Its not that remarkable. Something like amazon is remarkable with millions of products for sale, millions of users, prime vs not, returns, etc. I have been trying for weeks to mock book and all I get is the white screen. Even CCL's website is head and shoulders above this. I guess they spent their energy thinking about implementing a room service charge (which was done horribly I might add) than spend money to fix their web site.

Try searching in Internet Explorer - works fine for me in that.

Safari, chrome & Firefox on my desktop, Iphone and Ipad - no luck, just that white screen.

Royal Caribbean tech was no help, had my IT guy check it out only to discover that internet explorer was the answer, at least for my issue.

Thanks for the tip. Worked for me.

Its not that remarkable. Something like amazon is remarkable with millions of products for sale, millions of users, prime vs not, returns, etc.

Sorry but having developed both kinds of systems, I assure you that the cruise lines' website is far more complex than Amazon.com. Don't confuse scale with complexity.