Back2Back Cruise Ideas?

Coolauntangie

I will have to change cabins as I could not select the same cabin for both cruises in my desired location. I am very interested in hearing any responses as to how changing cabins was handled.....I am on the port side for one leg and switch to starboard side , "just around the corner", for the second leg so I am hoping it is a fairly painless process!

All you have to do is empty your drawers and bathroom stuff. Everything on hangers will be moved by your cabin steward, very easy

We have also thought about a B2B. But then we decided to do a Journeys cruise which is 14 days long for November 2018. You might want to look into one of those. They have 2 of them for January 7, 2018.

14 Day Sunshine out of Port Canaveral

Ports:

St Thomas

Antigua

Barbados

Grenada

St Maarten

San Juan

St Kitts

0r

13 day Pride out of Baltimore

Ports:

St Thomas

Antigua

Grenada

Dominica

St Maarten

San Juan

Grand Turk

These cruise have a few different things. They have a throwback day where they have the Captains Cocktail Party with free drinks, the Midnight Gala Buffet, some of the 80's pool games, and a few other things. It is supposed to be more like cruising was back in the 80's before things were eliminated.

I would NEVER sail a northern cold port in the winter. I have heard stories about ships leaving Baltimore where the lido deck had 6 inches of snow on it, no thanks. Then you have 2 cold days each way.

They could do the one out of Port Canaveral. That is where we are leaving from on our Journeys cruise on November 3, 2018.

I would NEVER sail a northern cold port in the winter. I have heard stories about ships leaving Baltimore where the lido deck had 6 inches of snow on it, no thanks. Then you have 2 cold days each way.

I don't get it either. I live in the Northeast, so I know what the weather is like up here and just to our south. It's like when people try to say that Carnival should have a ship sail year-round from NYC, I can't help but think that's the stupidest idea ever. I mean heck, I live in NH, on the MA border, and we've been having days this week where the weather has been in the teens and it's almost April! Who wants to sail away to someplace warm when it's freezing cold to start your cruise with?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I will have to change cabins as I could not select the same cabin for both cruises in my desired location. I am very interested in hearing any responses as to how changing cabins was handled.....I am on the port side for one leg and switch to starboard side , "just around the corner", for the second leg so I am hoping it is a fairly painless process!

All you have to do is empty your drawers and bathroom stuff. Everything on hangers will be moved by your cabin steward, very easy

Thank you! ;) I am soooo looking forward to this

We have also thought about a B2B. But then we decided to do a Journeys cruise which is 14 days long for November 2018. You might want to look into one of those. They have 2 of them for January 7, 2018.

14 Day Sunshine out of Port Canaveral

Ports:

St Thomas

Antigua

Barbados

Grenada

St Maarten

San Juan

St Kitts

0r

13 day Pride out of Baltimore

Ports:

St Thomas

Antigua

Grenada

Dominica

St Maarten

San Juan

Grand Turk

These cruise have a few different things. They have a throwback day where they have the Captains Cocktail Party with free drinks, the Midnight Gala Buffet, some of the 80's pool games, and a few other things. It is supposed to be more like cruising was back in the 80's before things were eliminated.

I am intrigued by the Journey's Cruise's as well.....after this B2B I think a Journey's cruise will be next on my B2B list!

• 5 months later...

We have done a few B2B cruises and loved every minute of them! The last time we did a side 2 Side cruise. We got off the Glory after 7 days and jumped on the Splendor for another 8 days. We had a great time.

Some of the "bad" parts of a back to back: The same cruise director so same jokes. The shows are all repeated and of course the food is the same as last week. Doing laundry in the middle so you don't have to over pack. If you don't do different itineraries each week then that might be disappointing.

Positive things: You save on airfare 14 day cruise for the airfare price of a 7 day. You unpack once if you have the same room. If you saw two things on the menu and couldn't decide now you can try the other entree you didn't get last week. Because you saw all the shows last week you can spend more time doing different things or more alone time. The crew remembers you from last week. You go home more rested after 14 days of cruising! You are more familiar with the layout of the ship. These are just a few advantages, but there are lots more!

Enjoy yourselves! We did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I have done several b2bs and surprisingly our favorite was on the Valor out of san juan. The itineraries were identical and were port intensive. What made the cruise so great were there were 3 ports we has never been to before and we had lots of time to explore each new port.

We found that cruise to be very relaxing since we were able to split up the activities we wanted to do at each port.

I will say though we were the only b2bers on that cruise so apparently many people would not agree with us.

Whatever you decide, b2bs are great and i am sure you would have a great time.