Airline for Liberty travelers to Europe

lonig

We are planning on taking the Carnival Liberty in June 2006, anyone who flew from Michigan or Minnesota - what airline did the cruise line use for your travel. Were you happy with it, or would you book your own next time?

My wife and I went on the August 13th sailing of the Liberty, and we left directly from Detroit Metro on the airline that Carnival picked.

It was Northwest. It was direct from Detroit to Rome, and I do recall a couple other families on this flight were from Minnesota.

The only issue I recall was that we had to do a bit of seat swapping. Whatever reason I wasn't sitting right next to my wife, and it seemed like others were in the same situation. It all worked out in the end. It was the same on the flight back too. That all worked out too.

Oh and enjoy europe. I know that was the trip of a lifetime for my wife and I.

Thanks for the update. My sister and a friend are hoping to meet me in Detroit they are from Minnesota, so we can fly together to Rome. We are all looking forward to this trip, should be very educational and fun.

Just a helpful hint. If you are trying to fly together with family and you do not all depart from the same area, you can do one of two things. Book air yourself for part of the group from Minnesota to Detroit and everyone buy their cruise air from Detroit. Or book your own air, so everyone leaves from Detroit on the same flights.

Otherwise, you could fly a non-stop from Detroit to Europe and hypothetically, your sister could end up flying from Minnesota to NYC, and then on to London, then to Rome. ABSOLUTELY no guarantees you will all fly the same flight to Europe, unless you book custom air. There is no rhyme or reason to cruise air-whatever is the cheapest and has seats available is what you get.

Archived