Besides Cave Tubing & Ruins....

Martini Mom

We've already done the cave tubing and it was a little boring for us. (You can read my whole review in the link in my signature). Hubby has MS, so hiking to the ruins isn't going to work for our next visit in late October. What other excursions do you recommend?? Thanks :)

Not sure what your interests are, but we took a tour boat ride (CoralBreeze Tours) to Caye Caulker. There we rented a couple of golf carts and toured the little island. It was a blast. We like to have a few cocktails, eat local and check out the areas for potential week stays. We LOVED it here. So laid back, just simple, easy and fun. The golf carts worked great both on the dirt roads and the beach area where you parked for some of the bars and restaurants. Pulled over to buy some grilled conch from a guy on the side of the road! Phenomenal. Boat ride was a bout 45 minutes there, 30 minutes back. We spent about 3.5 hrs on the island. LOVED it.

Not sure what your interests are, but we took a tour boat ride (CoralBreeze Tours) to Caye Caulker. There we rented a couple of golf carts and toured the little island. It was a blast. We like to have a few cocktails, eat local and check out the areas for potential week stays. We LOVED it here. So laid back, just simple, easy and fun. The golf carts worked great both on the dirt roads and the beach area where you parked for some of the bars and restaurants. Pulled over to buy some grilled conch from a guy on the side of the road! Phenomenal. Boat ride was a bout 45 minutes there, 30 minutes back. We spent about 3.5 hrs on the island. LOVED it.

That sounds perfect for us! I'll look into it! Do you remember how much the golf cart rentals were?

That sounds perfect for us! I'll look into it! Do you remember how much the golf cart rentals were?

Not exactly, but I remember it being a good price. Maybe $30 for 3 hrs? Something like that. It was definitley less than $50.

• 3 weeks later...
We LOVED Goff's Caye, beautiful little island with sandy beach and easy snorkeling from shore https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/sun-kissed-goffs-caye-beach-snorkeling-belize/ . Its inexpensive and the boat ride there is a lovely way to see a bit of Belize. Our kids enjoyed this tour as well.

How long was the ride to and from Port?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

There is great birding hiking cave exploring tours of rum and chocolate making cultural experiences in Mayan villages and freshwater fishing and ocean fishing. There is also a toucon reserve.

• 3 months later...
I highly recommend the zoo. And, if you decide on this excursion, go with a local instead of the cruise ship tour. Ask about getting in the cage with Junior. I can recommend a local if you are interested.

Hey there! Can you tell us anything more about the zoo/local knowledge? We are considering doing the zoo when in Belize next February......is it good? We don't want to go if the animals seem distressed/bored or are cooped up in tiny cages/cells.

Trin

Also - hey MrsFuzzMo. LOL.

The thing that y'all did in Belize sounds pretty darned fab. Skip over to Caye Caulker, drive around, chill, and go back to the ship. Did you feel safe as far as CoralBreeze's ability to get you back tot he cruise port on time?? Any other tips??

Trin

Hey there! Can you tell us anything more about the zoo/local knowledge? We are considering doing the zoo when in Belize next February......is it good? We don't want to go if the animals seem distressed/bored or are cooped up in tiny cages/cells.

Trin

The zoo is all rescue animals they can't go back into the wild

How long was the ride to and from Port?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Hi' date=' I remember the tender to GC was 45mins. I loved this place too, but I'll tell you restrooms are primitive and hot food is kept warm in coolers from the grill. It's literally Gilligan's Island :)

Sent from my RCT6773W22 using Forums mobile app

Is there easy beach access on CC? And, any snorkeling? The golf carts so fun!! I'm too am looking for something for ages up to 70 YO.

Sent from my RCT6773W22 using Forums mobile app