Clippermiami

mpbmark

I ordered 2 pandons for the Mardi Gras cruise and totally forgot about it.

He took the efforts to find out my stateroom number and left that by the front door.

What a nice gentlemen he was.

My condolences to the family.

I assume you meant 2 pins (don't you just love auto correct 😡 )

That was John. He always said he wouldn't track people down and yet he did it all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

She is doing as well as can be expected given the circumstances. :(

The whole thing was incredibly quick and all the more shocking as John seemed perfectly fine when we left the ship in Ft. Lauderdale. Then within a few weeks he was gone.:loudcry:

Betty is being helped through this trying time by her 2 children as well as their many friends.

Thanks for asking.

The whole thing was incredibly quick and all the more shocking as John seemed perfectly fine when we left the ship in Ft. Lauderdale. Then within a few weeks he was gone.:loudcry:

Betty is being helped through this trying time by her 2 children as well as their many friends.

Thanks for asking.

If you are in touch with Betty, please pass on our best wishes from here in the UK. We will be boarding Celebrity Reflection out of Civitavecchia soon and remember taking a photo of her as she set sail a few years ago when I knew John and Betty were on board.

If you are in touch with Betty, please pass on our best wishes from here in the UK. We will be boarding Celebrity Reflection out of Civitavecchia soon and remember taking a photo of her as she set sail a few years ago when I knew John and Betty were on board.

If that was in 2013, then we were on the cruise with them after all of us spent 4 wonderful days in Positano. That was an Eastern Med cruise followed by one of John's favorite cruises, a TA.

Just wanted to post a photo of the pin John made for us when we sailed on our very first TA

88893c6ed481dddc8d8718d19791adfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His pins were truly amazing. A tremendous talent. Unfortunately, the pin collection page from his signature seems to have disappeared. 😥

Thanks for asking.

So sad for her, the family and friends. Life is way too short. I hope they had an amazing cruise on Equinox.

So sad for her, the family and friends. Life is way too short. I hope they had an amazing cruise on Equinox.

I've been on about 1/2 dozen cruises with John and believe me, he always enjoyed them. 🍷

A man after my own heart. Hope he has a wonderful suite up there and the premium drink package

While John was never a "suite" guy, he would definitely be all in for the premium package 😂 🍷

We've only had a suite once and it was delightful but our darned mortgage company wants us to pay them EVERY month so we can't afford them regularly :D

Doesn't a suite cost more then your mortgage payment?

• 3 months later...

Thanks for reviving the thread and making me smile remembering John. I only sailed with him once, last February to Mardi Gras but I was very impressed by his kindness and generosity, not to mention his artistic skills. He'll be missed!

Thanks for reviving the thread and making me smile remembering John. I only sailed with him once, last February to Mardi Gras but I was very impressed by his kindness and generosity, not to mention his artistic skills. He'll be missed!

We had the pleasure of sailing with John on several occasions. You captured his essence perfectly.

I agree totally.

We first met John on CruiseCritic in 2010 and sailed with him to Alaska that same year. We had several subsequent cruises together and he was great friend. He will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Betty and his two daughters as a proceed forward without John's companionship. 😥