Anytime dining pros and cons

HighCPU

Having done early, late and ATD, to me the biggest pro for ATD is flexibility...go eat when you want. The cons are 1) While you can request same wait team if you like them, they can't guarantee it and 2) Frankly, I've always gotten better service at assigned dining. I think the wait teams have a better rhythm during the early/late times. Just my experience. Its why I pretty much just get late dining now.

I prefer scheduled dining (we usually choose early) because you get to know your wait staff and have the same table each evening.

The downside of the scheduled dining is if you have a late day in port or other activities that take you right up to dinner time - then it's a mad scramble showering and dressing for dinner on time.

The obvious pro for YTD is to go whenever you are ready and hungry. There are very busy times when you have to wait to be seated, but there are some less busy times.

We have had early dining and YTD - depending on the itinerary, we make our decision.

We've never had much complaint with the food at any seating. No, it's not 4-5 star but what do you really expect?

Our issue with ATD is that you sit in different places every night and don't have the same wait staff. If the aren't so great I guess that's a good thing but if you have great ones then you might not have them the next night. In any case they don't get to know your likes and dislikes. I feel the service is less personal.

We've never had much complaint with the food at any seating. No, it's not 4-5 star but what do you really expect?

Our issue with ATD is that you sit in different places every night and don't have the same wait staff. If the aren't so great I guess that's a good thing but if you have great ones then you might not have them the next night. In any case they don't get to know your likes and dislikes. I feel the service is less personal.

I heard the same reason from some friends. They say it's more personal when the waiter is already greeting you by name even while just coming in and approaching the table. I still do anytime dining though.

I have only had ATD one night and had no problems with it but we just prefer assigned dining for reasons many have mentioned above. I have gone to the Maitre D after boarding and requested a table for 4 which has always been granted. When we didn't do this we have been seated with people with kids near the same age as ours. Both ways have worked great for us.

I will say if your kids are going to any of the activities with the teen clubs early dining is much better than late. Most of the evening activities start before late diners can get there.