re: Evening Chic- question from dh

Jetswdo

I'm bringing one full length red dress, two cocktail dresses and one cocktail pants outfit. I plan to wear my really tall heels with the red dress...all just for my husband. 😍.. 😊

On our last cruise, my wife wore a pair of her really tall heels, and though they looked great, they were a little too much after the last nightcap. She almost broke her ankle and her neck....

Thanks everyone about the shorts rules. Guess I was just hoping there might be some leniency on a Bermuda cruise, especially when worn in traditional Bermudian fashion. Oh well, I'll just make sure they wear their shorts when walking around Bermuda.

Although they are not permissible in the MDR at night, they are fine at breakfast/lunch or fine in the buffet at any time.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're neat and tidy and stay away from jeans, New Balance sneakers and t-shirts, you'll be fine lol A jacket and polo would be fine. Have a great trip!

Huh? Jeans are perfectly acceptable and can be very trendy and stylish. Celebrity on their website even refers to designer jeans as an example of what to wear on evening chic nights. Often in fancy, trendy restaurants in large cities you see many patrons attired as such.

Huh? Jeans are perfectly acceptable and can be very trendy and stylish. Celebrity on their website even refers to designer jeans as an example of what to wear on evening chic nights. Often in fancy, trendy restaurants in large cities you see many patrons attired as such.

I'm aware of that. But most people I've come across aren't in stylish Seven jeans; they're in ill-fitting wranglers and mom jeans. Just being honest.

I think it's a real shame that the traditional formal night has been lost. I always found it to be a fun night and something special when everyone dressed up in formal attire. With the current dress code it sounds like it will just be like every other night but with a few jackets or blazers worn.

I for one will be taking my dinner suit and bow tie for the Tradewinds TA on 16th April and hopefully I won't be the only one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm one of the few who kind of miss it as well - however my partner wears a dark suit every day for qork - I totally get that he wishes not to bring a jacket / tie on board. I am toying with the idea ofa suit, but probably not. :)