Snorkeling Equipment

ravinblue

We will be visiting Bermuda for 2 days as part of a Transatlantic cruise on Celebrity Eclipse this November. We are spending 9 days in Europe prior to the cruise (as well as visiting my sone in Washington DC for a week before that), so I really don't want to pack my own mask, fins, and snorkel. Another factor in not wanting to lug that stuff around is the weather that late in the year might preclude my wanting to snorkel anyway???

Are there snorkel rentals at any of the good snorkeling beaches? Or are there recommendations for boat tours (aside from those offered by Celebrity) where equipment is provided?

You're going to be in Bermuda in the off season, when the wseather is starting to get much cooler. Mean air temperature in November is about 71.

There are a number of companies that rent boats, snorkeling gear and have snorkeling trips, such as Somerset Bridge Watersports, K.S. Watersports and h2osports, but you'll be in Bermuda past the end of the beach/water sports season. You could contact the various companies but I believe they will have shut down for the season by then or just offer a limited selection of water activities.

One snorkeling beach people go to is Tobacco Bay near St. George, but I suspect the concession stand that rents equipment will also be closed by then. Also it is difficult to get to that end of the island in November because ferry service to St. George will have ended by then .

Thanks. I kind of figured that. So, what would you recommend we do for our overnight stop at King's Wharf, 10:30 AM on 11/8 to 12 PM on 11/9?

If you've never been to Bermuda before, I recommend hiring a Blue Flag certified tour guide taxi for a 4 to 6 hour tour of Bermuda for your first day in Bermuda. Since you're departing early on the second day I'd recommend just strolling around the Dockyard checking out the buildings on the grounds and the shops in Clocktower Mall.