Now that Sign and Sails are left in your outside mailbox....

adamt

From what I have read you just show them the printout of your boarding pass.... You do the same when you purchase a drink or anything else before going to your room, just show your boarding pass.

But this is only on I think 2 ships right now.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

How do you scan onto the boat? I'm used to hearing that ::DING:: when i've checked into all of my previous Carnival cruises.

Currently, only two ships, the Splendor and the Vista, are putting the S&S cards in the cabin mail boxes. Unless you're booked on one of those, you have nothing to worry about. You will still get your S&S cards at the terminal when you check in.

Just got off the Splendor. I posted a review earlier. Great cruise.

The S&S you will find in your mailbox outside the cabin. Its sealed of course. IMO this is alot better system. Embarkation is quicker and smoother. This was my 10th Carnival Cruise and by far the quickest and easiest to board.

Arrive at the terminal on your check in time. Short wait , literally a couple of mins to check in. Showed my boarding pass and passport and that was it. Your passport is scanned and that photo is what carnival uses. Thats it board the ship! No more waiting in line again upstairs and hoping for a booth to open to get your card and photo taken!

Well done Carnival, it was a pleasant surprise last week. I hope all the ships follow.

:)

The S&S you will find in your mailbox outside the cabin. Its sealed of course. IMO this is alot better system. Embarkation is quicker and smoother. This was my 10th Carnival Cruise and by far the quickest and easiest to board.

Arrive at the terminal on your check in time. Short wait , literally a couple of mins to check in. Showed my boarding pass and passport and that was it. Your passport is scanned and that photo is what carnival uses. Thats it board the ship! No more waiting in line again upstairs and hoping for a booth to open to get your card and photo taken!

Well done Carnival, it was a pleasant surprise last week. I hope all the ships follow.

Calibra17, sorry if somebody has asked this already but what if we don't have passport and only use birth certificate , those don't have pictures. You mentioned they use passport pics for your S&S cards. I know it is probably not going to be on the Breeze yet when we sail but I am just curious. Thank you.

Calibra17, sorry if somebody has asked this already but what if we don't have passport and only use birth certificate , those don't have pictures. You mentioned they use passport pics for your S&S cards. I know it is probably not going to be on the Breeze yet when we sail but I am just curious. Thank you.

Good question. The couple in front of us had their birth certificates and drivers license out. I can't be 100per cent but it sure looked like the DL was scanned for the photo. I seen no-one upstairs at the booths where you would normally get your picture taken after waiting for ever if course. They were empty.

Enjoy your cruise. Still getting over mine:( back to work tomorrow:(:mad:

Good question. The couple in front of us had their birth certificates and drivers license out. I can't be 100per cent but it sure looked like the DL was scanned for the photo. I seen no-one upstairs at the booths where you would normally get your picture taken after waiting for ever if course. They were empty.

Enjoy your cruise. Still getting over mine:( back to work tomorrow:(:mad:

Thank you!

We were on the Breeze last month and they did not use our passport photos. They took pictures of us as was done in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Breeze last month and they did not use our passport photos. They took pictures of us as was done in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still just Splendor and Vista I believe but like anything can change anytime.

Really though it is a better more modern quicker system. :)

From what I have read you just show them the printout of your boarding pass.... You do the same when you purchase a drink or anything else before going to your room, just show your boarding pass.

But this is only on I think 2 ships right now.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Aha! I was wondering about drink purchases if you don't have FTTF or priority status. Thanks for expanding on your answer.

Edited by momof3cruisers
autocorrect mix up

If you use a birth certificate they will take your photo, this happened when I used my BC the first time I cruised. Also last August, I used my passport but during the photo process of getting my passport, the woman had me remove my glasses. When I got to the New Orleans port, the agent took a photo of me with my glasses since I was wearing them during check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is going to the booth skipped entirely? I always book our family cruises with my credit card info and then everyone updates how they want to cover their sail & sign account when we check in. Will we all have to troop to the guest services desk after boarding to take care of this?

So is going to the booth skipped entirely? I always book our family cruises with my credit card info and then everyone updates how they want to cover their sail & sign account when we check in. Will we all have to troop to the guest services desk after boarding to take care of this?

There will still be personnel in the terminal prior to boarding the ship that can take care of this for you.

Aha! I was wondering about drink purchases if you don't have FTTF or priority status. Thanks for expanding on your answer.

You still have your S&S card for normal purchases and such. Just boarding is more streamlined now. They are saving us an extra step and at least an hr!:)

Im sure there will be carnival staff to help you.😀

If you use a birth certificate they will take your photo, this happened when I used my BC the first time I cruised. Also last August, I used my passport but during the photo process of getting my passport, the woman had me remove my glasses. When I got to the New Orleans port, the agent took a photo of me with my glasses since I was wearing them during check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ship were you on?

You were still going through the old system? Didnt think the new system was around last yr. :)

Yay! This makes me happy. We were not able to score FTTF but we did manage an 11 am check in time. My entire party is traveling with passports so we should be able to zip on to the Vista in 12 days!!

Thanks for all of the great answers, everyone. It's very appreciated. I believe this will be my 13th cruise (i'm starting to lose count), so i'm excited about giving the Splendor a go, and also about the quicker checkin. We're traveling with family that all booked at differing times, and thus, have different check ins, fttf, platinum levels, etc.

What if you don't really look like your passport picture anymore? I mean, passports last years and things change! I don't want to be left off the ship cuz they don't think it's me! 😱

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk