Now that Sign and Sails are left in your outside mailbox....

adamt

I'm so confused by this. The sail and sign cards are waiting for you OUTSIDE of your cabin in the mailbox? Can't somebody take your card and charge it?

No. The cards are in a sealed envelope. Since the beginning of this new process on the Vista and the Splendor (currently the only two ships that are doing this), there have been no reports of cards being stolen or tampered with. So far, there have been no negative comments from cruisers about this new system. If, by some rare chance that the sealed envelope has been tampered with or the S&S cards are missing, go immediately to Guest Services and they will take care of it.

What if you don't really look like your passport picture anymore? I mean, passports last years and things change! I don't want to be left off the ship cuz they don't think it's me! 😱

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Facial recognition software can account for the fact that hairstyles, aging, worry lines, etc. are changed since the passport photo was taken.

Australian Customs uses facial recognition extensively in Sydney and Melbourne.

I'm so confused by this. The sail and sign cards are waiting for you OUTSIDE of your cabin in the mailbox? Can't somebody take your card and charge it?

I read that if someone swipes your S&S card and attempts to use it, they can be caught when your picture shows up on the cashier's screen.

We were just on the Vista and we DID have our photos taken via iPad device but it was at the top of the escalators after we were all checked-in and heading to the ship. They scanned our boarding passes then took our photo.

We presented our passports when walking into the building, then went through security and up to the check-in desks. We still had to present ourselves there and they double checked everything. Then we were able to go and take a seat. Nothing has changed other than the lines were shorter.

No issues with our cards being in our box outside the room.

I actually like this new process because the one time I got my DH to go on a cruise with me it was a comedy of errors, one being that it took an extra hour to get checked in because they could not find out S&S cards and then instead of printing new ones she kept going around to all the areas looking for them, finally printed new ones and then bam they donged instead of dinged when trying to get onboard. So again we got pulled aside had to fill out some forms, and then once on I had to go to GS and get new cards...well had to go to GS twice because they were not ready the first time. Sad thing was we could not buy drinks because our cards would not work :)

Needless to say, he has not gone on another cruise with me :) this was just one of many things that drove him crazy... it was one of those I don't want to be here, and this just confirmed why.

What if you don't really look like your passport picture anymore? I mean, passports last years and things change! I don't want to be left off the ship cuz they don't think it's me! 😱

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Erma Bombeck wrote that if you look like your passport picture it's time to go home.

Sent from my VS986 using Forums mobile app

Calibra17, sorry if somebody has asked this already but what if we don't have passport and only use birth certificate , those don't have pictures. You mentioned they use passport pics for your S&S cards. I know it is probably not going to be on the Breeze yet when we sail but I am just curious. Thank you.
I

I am just off the Visa...They still take your picture when you check in which gets attached to your card in the system. You check in the same as always, you can even set up you account or put gift cards on at check in. You just don't get you sail & sign cards until you go to your room. When we got on the ship I think we were suppose to show the bar code on our boarding pass but no one asked. Everyone just walked on. Although if you want to buy a drink or something before getting your card then you show them your paper boarding pass and they scan that. It actually made the process run much smoother and faster.

I

I am just off the Visa...They still take your picture when you check in which gets attached to your card in the system. You check in the same as always, you can even set up you account or put gift cards on at check in. You just don't get you sail & sign cards until you go to your room. When we got on the ship I think we were suppose to show the bar code on our boarding pass but no one asked. Everyone just walked on. Although if you want to buy a drink or something before getting your card then you show them your paper boarding pass and they scan that. It actually made the process run much smoother and faster.

I am fresh off the Vista as well. Didn't have my pic taken because they used mine from my Passport. Only had one line to wait in and that was right before we went through security. No need for the second line upstairs unless you needed to add cash, gift cards, or change CCs or something related to your S&S account. It was much quicker this way. They did scan our barcodes as we entered the gangway to the ship.

No. The cards are in a sealed envelope. Since the beginning of this new process on the Vista and the Splendor (currently the only two ships that are doing this), there have been no reports of cards being stolen or tampered with. So far, there have been no negative comments from cruisers about this new system. If, by some rare chance that the sealed envelope has been tampered with or the S&S cards are missing, go immediately to Guest Services and they will take care of it.

This is interesting. I'm from Chicago. This "trusting system" is new to me lol.