Price went up after booking and down payment? Is that normal?

I've booked my 26th cruise a few weeks ago on-board the Enhantment of the Seas. Most of those cruises were with Royal Caribbean but this was the first time I booked the next cruise on-board.

I payed the initial payment on-board and the additional down payment when I got home. I had some issues with the website so I had Royal Caribbean confirm that it was received. They did (Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 13.09.47) and all was correct.

Today I wanted to pay the rest of the balance and I noticed a price increase (Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 13.09.21) of 84 euro. Now this may not be a lot compared to the total cruise fee but I have never experienced this.

I always thought RCCL honored the price after booking.

RCCL used to have an office representing them in the Netherlands but that no-longer seems to be the case. Of course I could call the international office but I wonder if anyone here knows if this something even worth addressing with them?

838994_ScreenShot2017-03-21at13_09.21-min.png.81caa8b8ae61c7876f02d26b0b753060.png

1729554271_ScreenShot2017-03-21at13_09.47-min.png.f879dc1f29a7b9f8fc578763227acc0b.png

I agree, call. Your price should not go up, unless you are changing something like stateroom category. Hopefully you have something in writing with your original price. Royal's computer systems have a continuing problem of "mistakenly" raising the price during events such as logging into your My Cruises account, etc.

• 1 month later...

I just had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I went in to make the last payment on my cruise. I knew I still owed $800 dollars because I purposefully paid it down to $800 last month so I knew how much this month I would need to pay. The amount went up by $200 to $1,000. I called the resolution center and they said they could find no error on the website, but I know what the amount was last month. The problem is that I have no proof. I think this is very strange.

I just had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I went in to make the last payment on my cruise. I knew I still owed $800 dollars because I purposefully paid it down to $800 last month so I knew how much this month I would need to pay. The amount went up by $200 to $1,000. I called the resolution center and they said they could find no error on the website, but I know what the amount was last month. The problem is that I have no proof. I think this is very strange.

Don't let it drop. Do you have the original booking invoice ? That should show the amount the cruise was before. The total should now be $200 higher on screen now.

You don't have your original confirmation with the total price of the booking clearly stated? No way I would drop the issue!

Did you add anything to the booking? I noticed that my total cruise price on the website went up when I added drink packages. I thought I was losing my mind. But then if you look at what's been paid, it shows the deposit plus the payment for the drink package. Weird.

If the Prepaid Gratituities go up & your cruise is not paid in full, you will see an increase.

Not that I would be surprised if Royal did that, but that has not been their policy in the past. In the past, prepaid gratuities did not go up once they were added to a booking, even if the booking was not paid in full.