Mariner and Alcohol in the room

KCDan

We were on the Radiance earlier this year and on the first night they were giving away tastes (shots) in the liquor store area and allowing bottles to be purchased and brought back to the room. We are taking a cruise in April on the Mariner and wondered if this is allowed on that ship? The rules appear to change often and maybe what ship you are on.

No, they no longer allow you on ANY RCCL ship to buy liquor onboard and pay the fee to take it back to your room for consumption. If you buy onboard liquor they will hold it for you until the final evening of the cruise.

Yeah, I think i was on one of the last cruises that allowed you to bring the bottle back to the room for a fee. We declined, since we had smuggled some liquor aboard to begin with.

I will definitely complain on the comment card about this on my next cruise.

I'm also still a little miffed that, while they offer these "Wine and Dine" packages, and the Soda packages for the kids, that they don't offer a Beer and Alcohol package. I went on a 3 day RC cruise about 8-10 years ago, and they had one for that. It was something like $120 for the 3 days.

I wish they still did that. The cost of liquor on these cruises can, at times, be quite prohibitive. Why not allow a Beer and Alcohol card that comes to around $30-$40 per day? Many wouldn't purchase it, because they wouldn't get their money's worth, and I'm sure many would, because simply having 4 of those pool drinks is $40 right there.

pool drinks

C'mon, Al, try to sound a little professional here. The technical term for those frou-frou sugary concoctions with rum,vodka, or God only knows what mixed with fruit, syrup, or other taste killer-enhancers and decorated with umbrellas, backscratchers or similar weapons is either "tropicals," "trops," or, if you're a Parrothead, "boat drinks."

And, if they weren't disgusting enough in their original form, they then become "pool drinks" when you either pour several of them together or drink them after they've been processed and "become one" with the pool water.

C'mon, Al, try to sound a little professional here. The technical term for those frou-frou sugary concoctions with rum,vodka, or God only knows what mixed with fruit, syrup, or other taste killer-enhancers and decorated with umbrellas, backscratchers or similar weapons is either "tropicals," "trops," or, if you're a Parrothead, "boat drinks."

And, if they weren't disgusting enough in their original form, they then become "pool drinks" when you either pour several of them together or drink them after they've been processed and "become one" with the pool water.

EWWWWW

This "privilege" disappeared as of August 5, 2005.

Carol............you know ALL of the rules! So, if you purchase from the "duty free" liquor store, for delivery on the last night of your cruise, and you are on a B2B.....Like you have coming up...........Oh, by the way, I'm talking about the end of the first cruise.......will they give you the liquor, so that you may enjoy it on the 2nd cruise?:D Geez, I'm hoping this question makes sense, I still have jet lag.

Rick

Archived