Room Service Charge

GranysT

So, we have returned to our land vacations, even returning to places in the mountains that were and still are all inclusive.
For the kind of cruising we do, that would be a little bit of apples-and-oranges though: For example, in November we're going to see three different Mayan ruins sites, and visit an exotic (for us) animal sanctuary. We cannot do that "in the mountains". We have a go-to vacation for the relaxing get-away, and for sure it is on land. The comparison we're making is between doing this Mayan immersion vacation by cruise ship versus visiting those same destinations by flying to Central America and driving around (with or without assistance from Monograms or Globus).

There are still cruise lines that offer a more all inclusive experience but they are pricey.
It makes sense for RCL and CCL to offer different products at different grades, including a high-priced, luxury, all-inclusive experience. And it makes sense to brand these different products differently.

There are still cruise lines that offer a more all inclusive experience but they are pricey. I personally like the a la carte model where I'm only paying for those things that I want.

Agree...I will choose what I want to pay for in my bundle and leave the other stuff off of my bill. I would still order room service every morning regardless of a cost as a big part of my cruise enjoyment has to do with having our coffee on our balcony very early to watch the sunrise over the ocean (it starts our day).

It is what is important to us and something we are willing to pay for because I can only get that experience on the private deck of our balcony, in our PJ's in the middle of the ocean. We look forward to doing this most mornings of our cruise. It's one of our cruise things and worth it to us. So once again, all of this conversation is subjective and personal choices. It is just wonderful to have the choice!

I just called Carnival to ask what the "Additional Fee" was and they said it depends on what you order. She was not willing to send me a copy of the complete price list saying only that it will be available when I board the ship.

Does anyone have a copy of the prices? I'm one of those crazy over-planning, spreadsheet building old ladies. =)

Thanks for the tip to just write in lox and cream cheese. It was always a ritual for us, room service coffee, lox and sweet rolls, sit out on the balcony and watch sun rise. On our last cruise DH would order 2 lox sandwiches from the deli, bag them and put them in the mini fridge over night for our morning enjoyment.

I just called Carnival to ask what the "Additional Fee" was and they said it depends on what you order. She was not willing to send me a copy of the complete price list saying only that it will be available when I board the ship.

Does anyone have a copy of the prices? I'm one of those crazy over-planning, spreadsheet building old ladies. =)

From the zydecocruiser site:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/rs_nosushi.html

The additional fee is literally dependent on what you order - fries are $1.50, wings are $5, etc. The blue portion is the free stuff (well, really "included in your cruise fare" stuff) and the red is the for-fee items. You can order room service and not pay a dime (except for tip - please tip).