Do Any RCL ships allow five in a cabin?

LauraG

Hi,

I'm thinking of bringing my kids on a cruise in March. I know that some of the older Carnival ships allow a rollaway in a quad cabin so that five can stay in one room. Does anybody know if any of the RCL ships allow that many?

Thanks in advance,

LG

Yes, in fact many have Family Oceanview (Category FO) that will accommodate 6 passengers. You must ask for it specifically, and I speak from experience when I tell you that if you call RCL 5 times, you will get 5 different responses. Respectfully request the search for the rooms, as they do not automatically appear in the availability (much like handicapped rooms). While these cabins will sleep 6, there is only one bathroom and its a bit cramped. However, there is a substantial savings, as you only pay full fare for first and second in cabin, with each subsequent passenger paying the 3rd/4th rate.

Vision has FO, Voyager class have FO, some of the older ships do not. The RCCL website will state which ships have them.

Options for 5 or more people in a room on RCI (not available on every class of ship):

1. Family Oceanview Staterooms (FO) will accommodate up to 6 people.

2. Royal Family Suites (RFS) will accommodate up to 8 people.

3. Most suites they will allow you to put 5 people in.

4. Freedom Class, when it comes out next year, will have additional options including Family Inside Staterooms and Family Promenade staterooms.

For any of these, you will have to either talk to a TA or call RCI directly because you can't book more than 4 people in a room online. In addition, none of the family staterooms will show up as available online since they require a minimum of 5 people to book.

Guest nemo2005

We are sailing with 5 in a Grand Suite. I understand that a rollaway will be used for the 3rd child and that the rollaway will be moved from the room during the daytime hours and brought back in the evening. To put 5 in a room, you have to use a TA or book by phone.

The Family Oceanview (FO) seem like an excellent idea since there is a small room with a set of bunkbeds which would be perfect for those needing earlier bedtimes than Mom and Dad!

We slept us five in a Grand Suite cabin 1588. It was a queen bed for us, sofa bed for the 2 youngest (together) and a real comfy roll-away for my oldest daughter. It was very comfortable for us except at shower time where we would send the men to the gym to shower and we ladies would take over! The price back then, ready for this, $1,200 first and second and get this.........$203 for 3rd, 4th and 5th!!!! It was the best bargin we have ever had for all of us sailing together.

Cruizinrican:D

Archived