Best ship for flow rider?

My husband and I have done only two cruises, the Oasis and the Harmony, but already he is obsessed with the stand up flow rider! He bought himself a flow board and I am officially a flowrider widow haha.

Just curious if there are any other ships, other than oasis class, with as good of a flow riding experience for the stand up option? I am assuming the oasis class are the only ships with two flow riders on board but is this a huge advantage? He loves the less busy advanced sessions offered and we will definitely choose our next cruise based on the flow rider experience, as silly as that sounds :D

On the other ships, they alternate between stand up and body boarding, so you get less time, unless he does both. The water flow of the flowrider is stronger on the freedom class ships than on the the oasis class. I would suggest you stop being a widow and become a rider :) its way more fun. We switched from carnival to royal specifically because of the flowrider.

It's not silly at all [emoji51], we only do ships with flowrider so I understand. Oasis class definitely has way more time allotted for stand up however more experienced riders go on these ships because of this so therefore I find longer lineups plus longer rides. On freedom class ships hours are generally 9-11am and 3-5 pm for standup Advanced riding is usually 8-9 am but we find they aren't offering it everyday anymore. If you want less lines than longer cruises are probably best because more seniors take longer cruises, especially transatlantics.

Triena

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for all the answers from everyone, taking a longer cruise is a great idea and sounds like a wonderful vacation option! Line waits during Easter week would be super helpful - thanks! I think I definitely will have to learn stand up myself since we're officially hooked on cruising after two cruises!

Thanks so much for all the answers from everyone, taking a longer cruise is a great idea and sounds like a wonderful vacation option! Line waits during Easter week would be super helpful - thanks! I think I definitely will have to learn stand up myself since we're officially hooked on cruising after two cruises!

What kind of board did he buy?

We just returned from a Harmony March break cruise and for March break the flow riders lines were great.

Harmony offers so many other challenges such as the water slides, the Abyss, on top off the rock walls, golf, etc that the one and done flowrider didn't appear until the last day. Was it busy? Yes, but not like other March breaks where you'd wait a minimum of 20-30 minutes on any day. Some days our longest line was 30 minutes.

I also think now having three Oasis Class ships with dual flowriders along with the ships with single flow riders have helped to spread the riders out.

What kind of board did he buy?

He bought a Carve with quad channels and he really enjoyed breaking it in when we were on Harmony the week of Feb 25th. We love the Oasis class so we will probably stick with that but I agree, as more ships roll out with lots of activity options it should help. We love cruising, and my husband wake surfs in the summer up here in Ontario, so having surfing in the winter while on vacation as an option is amazing!

I would say avoid Indy as one of the jets right in the middle, has a strong spray of water shooting up at you. It made it difficult to ride. The sports staff told me it's been that way for months, and no plans to fix it anytime soon.

Also curious what kind of board did he get?

I would say avoid Indy as one of the jets right in the middle, has a strong spray of water shooting up at you. It made it difficult to ride. The sports staff told me it's been that way for months, and no plans to fix it anytime soon.

Also curious what kind of board did he get?

It's the same on the Liberty.

On the other ships, they alternate between stand up and body boarding, so you get less time, unless he does both. The water flow of the flowrider is stronger on the freedom class ships than on the the oasis class. I would suggest you stop being a widow and become a rider :) its way more fun. We switched from carnival to royal specifically because of the flowrider.

My wife is a flowriding widow as well. RCCL ships with flowriders are about all we travel on now. Welcome to the club.

Best thing you can do is go to Windsor, get a hotel room on Friday night and do the lesson at Adventure Bay at 9am on a Saturday. You get a 3 hour stand up surfing lesson on their flowrider and then can stay to use the water park for the rest of the day. If you progress far enough to load the flowrider by yourself after the 3 hour session, they will let you continue to do stand up surfing for the rest of the day. Otherwise, you are go back til bodyboarding for the remainder of the day. I took my daughter there a few weeks ago and she was constantly able to ride over a minute each time competently after the lesson.

I just got a new Mak flowboard (and LOVE it). I managed to win the BOB on the Freedom riding it last week. Check out those sweet Canadian graphics on the bottom of my board (pictured below)

IMG_2616_DxO_DxO-1_zpszn9srcca.jpg

He bought the Carve graphite quad channels flowboard.

Those graphics look great! Windsor sounds like a great idea, we will have to look into it. He enjoyed the Samsung pop-up flowrider event they temporarily set up in Toronto last summer!

My husband and I have done only two cruises, the Oasis and the Harmony, but already he is obsessed with the stand up flow rider! He bought himself a flow board and I am officially a flowrider widow haha.

Just curious if there are any other ships, other than oasis class, with as good of a flow riding experience for the stand up option? I am assuming the oasis class are the only ships with two flow riders on board but is this a huge advantage? He loves the less busy advanced sessions offered and we will definitely choose our next cruise based on the flow rider experience, as silly as that sounds :D

On Alaska sailings the Flowrider is not that busy - when it is open!:D;p

My wife is a flowriding widow as well. RCCL ships with flowriders are about all we travel on now. Welcome to the club.

Best thing you can do is go to Windsor, get a hotel room on Friday night and do the lesson at Adventure Bay at 9am on a Saturday. You get a 3 hour stand up surfing lesson on their flowrider and then can stay to use the water park for the rest of the day. If you progress far enough to load the flowrider by yourself after the 3 hour session, they will let you continue to do stand up surfing for the rest of the day. Otherwise, you are go back til bodyboarding for the remainder of the day. I took my daughter there a few weeks ago and she was constantly able to ride over a minute each time competently after the lesson.

I just got a new Mak flowboard (and LOVE it). I managed to win the BOB on the Freedom riding it last week. Check out those sweet Canadian graphics on the bottom of my board (pictured below)

IMG_2616_DxO_DxO-1_zpszn9srcca.jpg

That's awesome Russ. Congrats on the win.

Love the new board too, not to mention the graphics. Did you take your old one with you or leave it at home?

He bought the Carve graphite quad channels flowboard.

I have that board too in my collection at home. It's a nice board. I have been taking that one along with my 38" carve with channels for the last three cruises and I have been leaving the 38" shiv-it with channels at home.

It might make it next cruise. ;)