Two questions related to Carnival Glory

gatorbean

All, my overall 2nd cruise, 1st with Carnival, on Glory 4/15/17.

Any Time Dining - I understand the timing is flexible. How about the Dining rooms? Can we go to either Gold or Platinum any day or is the dining room assigned? Do both dining rooms offer the same menu?

Video Games - I have a 9 year old son. Is there a separate video games room (like Xbox/PS2/Wii) separate from arcade room? Or, is this only available for teens?

Can't wait. Checked out the Glory webcams for the first time today - I believe it was just leaving San Juan this evening.

Thanks for your time.

We were on the Conquest last year (our first cruise) and judging by the description on their website, we thought our son (15 at the time) would be able to go in Club O2 and play video games anytime. Their description of Digital Play says: "Have a seat, grab a controller and journey your way through vivid electronic worlds, whether you’re flying solo… or with a new friend as your ‘Player 2.’" We checked often and they never had video games going to play just any time. The only time was when they had scheduled video game tournaments, and even that only happened twice on our 5-day cruise. He wasn't interested in tournament play, just casual gaming when he felt like it. We'll be on the Glory next year and I'm hoping that has changed.

Just off from Glory 3/25. Flexible dining is available but has to be asked for before cruising, as quickly as possible as there are only so many spots available. Platinum dining room is after and movement of ship can be felt and seen thru windows spanning back of room. Golden dining room is more midship and smaller. Menus are the same and both are very nice, I likes the Golden as we had a few rocky days and ship movement was not as noticeable. You can request dining room/table change and they will try to accommodate. There is an arcade, did not see any video type games other than that. Might not have found that part of ship as I wasn't sailing with kids.

Just off from Glory 3/25. Flexible dining is available but has to be asked for before cruising, as quickly as possible as there are only so many spots available. Platinum dining room is after and movement of ship can be felt and seen thru windows spanning back of room. Golden dining room is more midship and smaller. Menus are the same and both are very nice, I likes the Golden as we had a few rocky days and ship movement was not as noticeable. You can request dining room/table change and they will try to accommodate. There is an arcade, did not see any video type games other than that. Might not have found that part of ship as I wasn't sailing with kids.

So were people seated in both dining rooms that had Anytime Dining?

I really don't know, but if you call Carnival and request Anytime Dining, I hope they will answer your question.

No, no worries for us. We like Traditional and that's what we have booked for our party of 15!! Just curious. I've been on some cruises where the 2nd floor of the dining rooms were ATD. We just came off the Vista where the entire large aft dining room was ATD and the smaller central dining room was Traditional.

Doesn't really matter, I was just wondering so that it's clear specifically to this ship for the OP.

No, no worries for us. We like Traditional and that's what we have booked for our party of 15!! Just curious. I've been on some cruises where the 2nd floor of the dining rooms were ATD. We just came off the Vista where the entire large aft dining room was ATD and the smaller central dining room was Traditional.

Doesn't really matter, I was just wondering so that it's clear specifically to this ship for the OP.

We had ATD and were assigned to the Golden dining room. The second floor (deck 4) was the traditional dining and the deck 3 entrance was the anytime dining.