Just got my room assignment. Allure 4/30 6568. Good, bad any thoughts.

miyanc

May I ask what type of guarantee you booked? I'm curious because I also booked a guarantee on Allure in June. I booked a "neighborhood balcony" guarantee.

I'm wondering if there's also an "ocean-view balcony" guarantee" option? There wasn't for me, at the time I booked. I think most would prefer to have an ocean view balcony, but I'm hoping to experience a central park or boardwalk balcony. Thanks!!

... I'm wondering if there's also an "ocean-view balcony" guarantee" option? ...

Yes, there has been, but it's now always available. Before they changed the categories, the neighborhood guarantee would be an "XN" category, where the oceanview balcony would be an "X" category. I don't know what the new designations will be with the new categories.

Yes, there has been, but it's now always available. Before they changed the categories, the neighborhood guarantee would be an "XN" category, where the oceanview balcony would be an "X" category. I don't know what the new designations will be with the new categories.

That's right, I remember reading something about the categories changing, but I didn't know what exactly that meant, or why they were changing. It's so confusing! Thank you, Bob, for the info!!

Yes under the old system I am/was booked into the x gty. Wife 40th she wanted ocean view. Didn't want to feel like it was a hotel with an atrium. I wanted the boardwalk as close to the back as I could afford. Figured I would get ocean view, Aria, neighborhood perks and people watching. But with little outside views around the ship it will be nice to have a somewhat private view of the ocean and maybe the island.

Yes under the old system I am/was booked into the x gty. Wife 40th she wanted ocean view. Didn't want to feel like it was a hotel with an atrium. I wanted the boardwalk as close to the back as I could afford. Figured I would get ocean view, Aria, neighborhood perks and people watching. But with little outside views around the ship it will be nice to have a somewhat private view of the ocean and maybe the island.

Thank you!! :)

Which brings me to another question. When docked which side faces which way in port if only one does? Cozemel, labedee, folmouth? Thanks

An Oasis class ship will most often dock on the starboard side, however because the ship can sometimes dock on either side of the pier, it cannot be predicted which side of the ship will have a port view.

An Oasis class ship will most often dock on the starboard side, however because the ship can sometimes dock on either side of the pier, it cannot be predicted which side of the ship will have a port view.

I figured. I just thought that with these massive ships I thought there would be less options for port docking. And as such more consistency. No biggie. Thanks again

Just as the title says. 6568 near the elevators forward to mid ish.

Any thoughts? This is our first rccl and of course first on the allure. Thanks in advance.

We've been in 6558 which is pretty close and it was fine. I was actually inspired to workout more given the close proximity to the gym.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bob, do you know bed placement? Balcony or closet? Maybe a stupid question but facing forward or aft?

6568 has the bed by the balcony. Don't know which way the head of the bed faces.

Ty Bob. You are a treasure. I think I prefer the bed near the balcony. More room to hang and get ready near the closet. We can lay in bed and look out the open balcony.

I am hoping if faces forward. Seems minor but help me not feel tipsy.

Ty Bob. You are a treasure. I think I prefer the bed near the balcony. More room to hang and get ready near the closet. We can lay in bed and look out the open balcony.

I am hoping if faces forward. Seems minor but help me not feel tipsy.

Glad to help.:)

Just as the title says. 6568 near the elevators forward to mid ish.

Any thoughts? This is our first rccl and of course first on the allure. Thanks in advance.

We had 6566 in 2012. Loved it. I was able to watch the parade away from the crowd. Enjoy your cruise

We had 6566 in 2012. Loved it. I was able to watch the parade away from the crowd. Enjoy your cruise

As this is our first for many on RCL and Oasis class, we are confident all will be good. My wife just shakes her head when she asks me a question and I already know so much. She is more of a just go with it, BUT she then expects me to know everything. It's like the backpack I carry on vacations. Why are you carrying it, we don't need that... Here are my glasses, can I put this in there, it's raining did you take my raincoat.

So it's, why do we need to know all that to where is this and how do we get to that.

I think we are going to really like this location. I just hope it's toes first.

Thanks for the info