Jimmy Maddox is retiring. Sad news for piano bar fans

elycelynne

• 8 months later...
Jimmy Maddox is going to be retiring from cruising effective as of April 9th. I got it straight from the horse's mouth.

I only got the opportunity to sail with him once and was hoping to run into him again, but apparently that won't be happening! :(

So sad, I just looked him up to see if he would be on our ship on our upcoming cruise. We were on Koningsdam last April with dueling pianos and I really did prefer the old piano bar style with Jimmy.

Yes, sad news for us true Piano Bar fans, Luckily Jimmy is retiring while we can still remember wonderful nights with him in the true Piano Bar.

IMHO HAL has blown it. The dueling pianos held no appeal for me on the Koningsdam, Before finding out if this new venue works the management decides to incorporate it on all ships being refurbed. Reminds me of Royal Caribbean’s decision to replace the MDR fleetwide with flexible-rotating dining ala Quantum class ships. They soon discovered that it was an unpopular and failed plan and did not go forward with it.

But HAL has taken no time to gather data on the popularity of their changes. RIP Piano Bar, Crow’s Nest, Northern Lights, truly unique NA chandelier!