Attire for going to pool, and then lunch?

Last year when I was on the Serenade of the seas I went from the pool to the windjammer with a one piece suit with a long cover up that went from my waist to my ankles and the hostess told me that swim wear was not allowed in the dining room. She was very nice about it and somewhat apologetic. So I left and returned later in the day when I was through at the pool.

I noticed that the Windjammer said NO TANK TOPS and that scared me the first day... that was basically all I brought to wear other than for dinner... BUT they allowed me to wear tank tops with no problem. I never tried going in a bathing suit, but I saw many people with bathing suit tops alone and were allowed in. I noticed on our cruise that many people did not follow the dress code guide lines posted and no one seemed to care.

I was declined entry into the dining room for lunch because I was in my bikini and had the sarong only covering me from the waist down :rolleyes:

I took off the sarong and made it into a dress and everything was fine.:D

Etiquitte for walking to the pool is, at the very least, sarong from the waist down :cool:

Personally, I get into vacation mode on cruises and would have no problem spending the entire week in my bikini :eek:

However, when making decisions, espcially about eating in the public areas, remeber that there are lots of people around you and it might not be considered "sanitary" if you show too much skin. ;)

I guess, just try to be as respectful as possible.

Hi Georgia, I haven't been to the 12-4 aos site yet, but I was having trouble with getting off the opening page when I first logged on!:rolleyes: Maybe it was the whole board having problems. Sheffie I see you are going on the Serenade in April- I loved that ship! My next cruise is going to be on the radiance class ships. I'm 2 weeks from cruising and I'm talking about my next cruise!! I'm pathetic!:)

We found a way around the wet bathing suit issue -

Grab your lunch in the Windjammer and then take it with you to the pool! We didn't see a sign that said no eating at the pool.....this worked great for our DD who didn't want to waste a whole lot of "pool time" sitting down in the Windjammer eating a long lunch with her parents!

I know you are not allowed to bring glassware into the pool area.

Archived