Check in time in New Orleans Question

garypolton

Have a question. We are leaving on the Triumph out of New Orleans this Monday. We have a 10-10:30am check in but also have FTTF. I'm wondering when people are actually allowed to board the ship... I'd hate to show up at 10am and have to wait still...

Thanks in advance!

I'm curious too. We leave out of Jacksonville and have fttf. I'd like to spend the morning on the beach if we can just pick out a boarding time and use the fttf to get right on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Check in time is not same as boarding time. Check in is to get into the terminal. You get there early, and you wait outside, maybe in the rain or boiling heat. Last year in NOLA, we had a checkin time of 11:30 if memory serves. Showed up about 12, and walked right past those waiting outside in line for their checkin time. After checking in, we sat in the terminal about 15 minutes until our boarding zone was called. Boarding zone is assigned at checkin.

Have a question. We are leaving on the Triumph out of New Orleans this Monday. We have a 10-10:30am check in but also have FTTF. I'm wondering when people are actually allowed to board the ship... I'd hate to show up at 10am and have to wait still...

Thanks in advance!

I'll be getting on when you're getting off! But I always get FTTF and usually arrive at port around 11/11:30. I usually just walk right on the ship after taking my picture and getting S&S card.?

When do they actually have people start boarding? Like the first person boards at 10, 11, noon?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Boarding time depends on what time the previous cruisers get off. They get off after Port authorities/immigration are finished checking whatever it is they check. Also the ship has to return and dock on time for all that to occur first.

It also depends on how fast cruisers want to get off. Some have to catch an early flight, and want to hustle off. Some may live locally and are in no hurry to get into traffic.

Edited by cajunfla
More thoughts

Thanks in advance!

I was on a 4-day cruise on the Triumph in February. I also had 10:00am-10:30am and FTTF. I got there at 10:05am. I sat down at about 10:15am. Boarding started between 11:15am and 11:30am(can't remember). Based on an announcement, it felt like boarding may have been slightly delayed.

I think I fell asleep a few times while I was waiting. I didn't get any sleep the night before. I purposely don't sleep the night before a trip. I just sleep on the plane/train/bus/car. I was sooo happy that my room was already available. After the furniture was rearranged to the layout I booked, I didn't get out of bed for at least an hour.

11:15 is about the earliest time we've ever see them start boarding anyone. They start with the Platinum and Diamond folks first. After that comes any special groups. Then the FTTF folks. After that, they start with the zones. We were on the Breeze two weeks ago and had check-in time of 10:30 - 11:00. We checked in at 10:45. We were in zone 5. We were on the Lido deck enjoying lunch by 12:10.