Cruising out of Civitavecchia advice please

lovethesun22

1). can someone please give me advice on private shuttles from Fiumicino airport to and from the port please.

2). I'm sailing with Celebrity. Do you know if they have a shuttle on day of departure you can purchase on board.

Thank you.

Last October we had a transfer from the holiday inn near the airport to the cruise port. There was a public transport one-day strike in Rome that thoroughly clogged the roads delaying our van. We had scheduled the transfer such that the two hour delay still got us to the ship in time. Plan accordingly!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1). can someone please give me advice on private shuttles from Fiumicino airport to and from the port please.

2). I'm sailing with Celebrity. Do you know if they have a shuttle on day of departure you can purchase on board.

Thank you.

Plenty of taxis available, no need to prebook. Going rate from FCO to Port is €110 - you need to negotiate.

Better still there is a Luxury Coach that departs terminal 3 at 12.30 when cruise ships are in port - cost €20/pp

goto www.smartcruisetours.com

Also available for your return - Port to FCO - €20/pp

We stayed away from cabs/taxi's on advice of the hotel staff in Rome, and from others that have done the journey. We took the train and then the shuttle bus from the train station to the port. I think it cost us about €40 total, and took the same amount of time as it would've in a taxi. Also meant no need for Valium to deal with Italian driving :D

The train is a hike along the concourse, yes, but the train was not busy when we travelled and the only hiccup was that it wasn't overly clear you need to get a ticket for the shuttle from a kiosk when you get to Civitavecchia.

As mentioned, you get a nice run along some beautiful Italian countryside.

We did consider the Celebrity transfer, but we'd been in Rome for a couple of days already and had seen the various points of interest so thought the €90+ each was a bit steep.

We stayed away from cabs/taxi's on advice of the hotel staff in Rome, and from others that have done the journey. We took the train and then the shuttle bus from the train station to the port. I think it cost us about €40 total, and took the same amount of time as it would've in a taxi. Also meant no need for Valium to deal with Italian driving :D

The train is a hike along the concourse, yes, but the train was not busy when we travelled and the only hiccup was that it wasn't overly clear you need to get a ticket for the shuttle from a kiosk when you get to Civitavecchia.

As mentioned, you get a nice run along some beautiful Italian countryside.

The OP wanted advise for transport from FCO to the Port. The train would be a bad option as you would need to travel into Rome first then change trains for a connection to Civitavecchia Port. No lifts just stairs, its a nightmare with luggage.