Need Advice about St. Maarten

klove613

We will be in St. Maarten in April off the Harmony. We have done Bernard's Tours 3 times and really enjoy them. However, I am not interested in Maho and just want to have more time in Marigot and hit Orient. It will just be my teenage daughter and me. I booked an excursion through the cruise ship that promises 2 hours in Marigot, shopping in Philipsburg and hitting a beach. However, I am wondering if we should just cab it to Marigot and Orient. I am thinking it would be cheaper and we could control how long we are at each place. We arrive at 8:00 am, but with a teen the earliest we would probably leave the ship is 9:30-10:00 am. At Marigot, I want to do the Fort, hit Serafinas and browse the market. Not interested in going to the shops. Should we go to Marigot or Orient first?

How about taking the public bus from back street to Marigot for 2$ pp. We went to the market, Seraphinas and climbed the fort and was back in port by 2pm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the suggestion! If we just wanted to go to Marigot, the bus would definitely be the way to go, but I want to hit Orient for at least 1-1/2 to 2 hours (that is plenty for us) and I think the cab would be quicker.

You should have plenty of time if you do this on your own. I would suggest Marigot first and then Orient.

Thanks for the response! Do you know how long it takes to cab it from the Port to Marigot? I have searched, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Thank you for the suggestion! If we just wanted to go to Marigot, the bus would definitely be the way to go, but I want to hit Orient for at least 1-1/2 to 2 hours (that is plenty for us) and I think the cab would be quicker.

Have you ever done the Royal Caribbean Excursion to Orient Beach? I just signed up for it because I don't trust myself to grab a taxi etc and get back on time. I was wondering if that was a good choice for me to make..

I haven't done it because we always do Bernards Tours. How much does it cost and how many going? Taxis on these islands seem straight forward. If I was only planning to go to one place, I would probably just do a taxi.