Venice -> Milan

Hi,

My Wife and I are booked for the Star Princess (Barcelona to Venice) embarking on 3 July 2004. On our return we will need to travel from the disembark port in Venice to the airport at Milan (for our flight back to the States).

Any thoughts on how I can make this transit? The Disembark will be in the morning of 15 July and our flight doesn't leave from Milan until 5:50 pm that same day. I beleive we don't have a time problem.

Thanks!!

Steve

Hi Steve,
I would take the Eurostar Train from Venice to Milan Central Station with a journey time of around 2hrs 45mins and if you are flying from Milan Linate you could take a cab or the number 73 bus which leaves every half hour for the 20 minute journey to the airport from Milan Central Station.

Mike

If you are flying from Milan Malpensa Airport take a cab from Milan Central Station to Milan Cadorna Station where the Maplensa Express train leaves every 30 mins to Maplensa Airport with a journey time of 40 mins.

In Italy during the summer months snap train strikes are not unheard of. If you need alternative transport a bus could be your saviour. Buses to all major cities can be boarded in Piazzale Roma. This is where cruise lines' shuttle buses stop. The other option is to fly out from Marco Polo Airport.

Remember that Eurostar trains have reserved seating which you can reserve and purchase online from the Trenitalia website ([url="http://www.trenitalia.com"]www.trenitalia.com[/url]). If there are no seats available on the Eurostar you could still catch an Intercity train to Milan. Check with your TA for availability of buses and flights out of Venice.

Cheers

Archived