Carnival Dream since dry dock

I am thinking about a cruise on the Dream out of NOLA. I am wondering, has anyone sailed on the Dream since it came out of dry dock? Are there any issues i need to be aware of before deciding on this ship? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy Sailings:D:D:D

I am thinking about a cruise on the Dream out of NOLA. I am wondering, has anyone sailed on the Dream since it came out of dry dock? Are there any issues i need to be aware of before deciding on this ship? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy Sailings:D:D:D

We sailed out on the 5th of March, Embarkation was delayed due to the Port Gangway was broken (not carnivals) other than that we had no issues. All slides, pools, hot tubs were good to go. ( but our first two days were really windy so the main pool was closed during that time) Dinner seemed slower than normal, but otherwise it was great! We did not have the Hub yet, but knew it was coming later than our trip :(. We would go on the Dream again!

We sailed out on the 5th of March, Embarkation was delayed due to the Port Gangway was broken (not carnivals) other than that we had no issues. All slides, pools, hot tubs were good to go. ( but our first two days were really windy so the main pool was closed during that time) Dinner seemed slower than normal, but otherwise it was great! We did not have the Hub yet, but knew it was coming later than our trip :(. We would go on the Dream again!

The main pool was closed for wind?

We were on the Dream last week. No issues at all. We had YTD and had the fastest dining times ever! We were usually out of the dining room within an hour. Our wait staff would take our order and bring us a fruit plate and cheese plate every night while we waited for our appetizers (we never asked for this - they did it for all their tables). Food was always hot.

Room Steward was fantastic and serviced the room 2x each day. When he introduced himself he even told ya he services rooms twice a day cleaning and then gave us the paper to indicate preferences. He was awesome.

CD Chris the Flying Scotsman is out of this world and one of the best in the fleet (this was our second time sailing with him). A CD for us doesn't make or break a cruise, but good ones can definitely enhance the experience- and Chris is top notch.

Our biggest disappointment - The new Pig and Anchor. Lines are ridiculously long and the portion sizes were extremely small. They were out of sauce and the food was mediocre. Only open from 12-2:30 on sea days. Loved having Guys and Blue Iguana.

The main pool was closed for wind?

Well I guess in a way it was wind related. The first two days we had a lot of wind, and with that came some rocking of the ship, the water was pouring out of the pool with all the movement. It was like a mini wave pool, so yes it was closed due to the wind.

Carnival HUB App

What does the Carnival HUB App do?

The following features are available at the touch of your fingertips, for your entire cruise while on board your Carnival ship.

What's Happening:*A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of on-board events, available for the full cruise as soon as you embark!Includes a “favorites” feature that also allows guests to see which events**their sailing companions will attend.

Food & Drinks:*A comprehensive list of delicious dining options and dining-related events,*enticing refreshment venues and beverage-related events.*Purchase from the app CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles beverage programs once on board.

Deck Plans:*Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings.

Account Balance:*Real-time information on guests’ current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance.

Pixels Photos: On the Carnival Horizon and Carnival Vista, you will be able to view your photos on the app and order digital or print copies.

Onboard Chat Access:*The opportunity to chat with family & friends on board all cruise long from the comfort of your deck chair (this feature currently limited to ages 13+).*

And more...

What is the App name ? How can I download it?

The name of the App is Carnival HUB app. Look for the app on Google Play and iTunes to download. You can also*download the App from Carnival's website by clicking*here. *

Is the Carnival HUB app free?

The App is free to download and use on board.* For a small additional fee ($5*USDfor the voyage) the HUB App offers chat.

Do I need internet access to use the App? Do I**have to pay roaming?

No internet purchase is required. The App works on Airplane Mode, which means guests do not incur roaming fees.

The App works with the ship’s free Wi-Fi.***

How do I login to the Carnival Hub App? Where can I find my folio?

You may log in as soon as you arrive on board your Carnival ship! You’ll need your folio number (found on your sail and sign card) and Date-of-Birth.

Can minors use chat?

For safety reason, parents and guardians must give consent within the app for a guests 12 years and under to activate onboard chat.**

Where do the features of the App work?

The App is available on*all Carnival ships.

What devices does the App work on?

IOS/Apple iPhone**versions supported:*IOS 9.0 and up**- this includes iPods

Android/Google versions supported:4.4 (aka KitKat) and up

Can I use my tablet to run the Carnival Hub App?

Although the App is not optimized for tablets, it will function on both Android and Apple tablets.

Can I make dining reservations using the App? Can I see the dining menus?

Coming soon!

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

I had no idea. Thank you very much.

What is the best way to keep in touch with my university student back home you think? Email?

They have a $5 a day/$30 per week social plan that will let you use FB messenger to keep in touch that way, as well as some other internet plans that you can purchase by the day or week.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...