San Diego Hotels

Dave Hansen

I like the Seven Seas in hotel circle.It is cheap, clean, friendly, free shuttle service, close to a mall, free wifi, even free parking while I am on a cruise!

For $100, I'll be there on the 29th of this month, they take me to port and my car will stay there.

I have stayed there many times in the past for conventions (I like it better than the Town and Country) and I even took my kids there while visiting San Diego.

As for the person who has Hilton points, I say save them- I have a bunch and I'll use them at a "cheaper" Embassy property elsewhere, where I'll make sure to make the most of the "managers reception"

We stayed at The Ivy (http://www.theivyhotel.com) before our last cruise. This hotel was very hip and over the top for service. Rooms were very hi-tech. They also have complimentary Escalade service. We were the envy of many as we arrived at the pier in a pimped out Escalade. Also, the Omni is a good choice or I would check out the new Hard Rock Hotel, who have good intoductory rates on travelzoo.

I like the Seven Seas in hotel circle.It is cheap, clean, friendly, free shuttle service, close to a mall, free wifi, even free parking while I am on a cruise!

For $100, I'll be there on the 29th of this month, they take me to port and my car will stay there.

I have stayed there many times in the past for conventions (I like it better than the Town and Country) and I even took my kids there while visiting San Diego.

As for the person who has Hilton points, I say save them- I have a bunch and I'll use them at a "cheaper" Embassy property elsewhere, where I'll make sure to make the most of the "managers reception"

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites this Saturday Pre-Cruise, we have stayed here twice before on our visits, you can't beat the location, 4 blocks from the cruise terminal and Ruth's Chris, across from the Midway and Seaport Village, easy access to the Gas Lamp district.

As for the price it is a little more expensive, but what we get is a large 2 room suite (seperate bedroom) if you have another couple or children this is perfect, free shuttle from airport, free shuttle to cruise ship, free breakfast, free manager's cocktail reception each evening. Great views of the harbor. :rolleyes:

Archived