Caribbean Princess Inside Cabins R515/R507

PR1NCESSD1ANE

Hi. If you compare them to the balcony cabins across from them, they are wider and shorter. You are under the smaller of the two pools, but to the side. You don't appear to be under the chairs. Also a good location to the mid elevators, and not to far from the laundromat on your deck. icon_smile.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY..... GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

We just got back from CP Eastern cruise today and we were in R717. We loved being on this deck. You are one flight down from the Horizon-Caribe and the Aft. terrace pool is right out the back door. Our rooms were very quiet.

Kim

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;6;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Caribbean Princess - June 5, 2004

• 4 months later...
Diane, I will try to remember. Will put you in my reminders. Anyone else with some insight. Thanks Sue for responding.

Chris

Chris,

Could you please email me and let me know how these rooms compare to the other inside cabins size wise? Was there any sloshing noises from the pools? I hope you had a great cruise!

Diane

pr1ncessd1ane@aol.com

• 4 months later...

As a follow-up to to my original post, I'd like to report back on these cabins since I was never really able to get an answer on them. They're great inside cabins with a very convenient location. They are larger than the standard inside room with a somewhat different configuration. We had a coupon for 2 category upgrades and paid the same amount for them as the least expensive inside cabin and it was a great deal. If you have the opportunity to book these rooms for a good price ...... definitely go for it.

We have sailed previously in a similar stateroom on the Diamond (A506). The room is larger and had two closets and plenty of extra storage space. You have lots more room around the bed and plenty of room to walk without one of you having to get on the bed while the other person walks in the cabin. We have seen these rooms on the Grand as well. Have these larger inside rooms booked on future cruises on the Caribbean Princess and the Grand Princess.

Diane....did you find there to be any noise from the deck above? We're thinking about these cabins for a cruise in 2006. Did you use the Terrace pool much...was it crowded?

thanks

Laura

Laura - the only noise that I could hear from above was a very faint base sound from the MUTS late in the evening on the nights I went to bed early (10:30ish). After that time, I think the movies were either over or I nodded off to sleep and didn't hear anything beyond that. My point being that the noise would not keep you from falling asleep. I think the rooms are actually under the shallow part of the pool, so the lounge chairs moving above (that others in the balcony cabins complain of) are not an issue. I believe there may be a bit of storage or mechanical space to the sides of the room, because occasionally I could hear a little banging going on in there, but again, it shouldn't be anything that should disturb you. The convenient location and additional size of these inside rooms, far outweigh any noise you might hear.

We were in A515 on the Star which would be the same as R515 on the Carib - you are not directly under the pool - the pool is alongside one wall and you can hear the water - somewhat like the waves - not noisy but peaceful - did not notice any chair or activity noise - the room is about a third larger than a standard inside and laid out different - it was a pleasant surprise for us.

Ron

Archived